Hobby vantana or Globecar owners. (1 Viewer)

Neckender

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
We will soon be trading our 2014 Auto Sleeper BroadwayEB in for a PVC.
We fancy a Hobby Vantana or a Globecar Limited with the port hole windows, we have been to a Hobby dealer in Ellsmere port today who has offered us a good trade in price it's also only 1 hour drive from our home if any problems.
We haven't seen a Globecar as yet and the nearest dealers are SMC in Newark 2 hours drive from home if any problems.
So are there any Hobby Vantana owners who are happy or unhappy with their vans,
I know the Globecar owners on fun are happy with theirs.

John.

Jun 12, 2016
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Globecar Revolution
Exp
Since 2006
A friend of ours has a Hobby PVC
Layouts are similar between Hobby and Globecar and both have decent build quality
Finnishes and trim are different but that's down to personal preference
Our frends van has no side windows in the rear but that may just be the case on the model they chose

Jun 22, 2011
Isle of Man
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since Nov 2010 after 25 yrs under canvas.
We have a globecar campscout, perfect for us, build quality is excellent. I think Hobby have more luxurious interior, lighting etc. Maybe it is a substance/form difference.

I am sure both are good.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I've just had a quick shuftie at the Hobby brochure ... they are all on the 3300kg chassis except the 6.36m long ones.

Link Removed

LadyBea

Free Member
Jan 17, 2010
Dumfries &Galloway
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
since 1994
We've had a Hobby coach built & a Globecar campscout. We felt that the Globecar was a better quality motorhome.

OP
OP
Neckender

Neckender

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
Thanks all for the replys we still can't make our minds up between the Globecar Campscout or the Hobby Vantana K65FT.

John.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Thanks all for the replys we still can't make our minds up between the Globecar Campscout or the Hobby Vantana K65FT.

John.
Just had a quick shuftie and from what I can tell the Hobby appears to only have the 2.0L 115 bhp engine on the light chassis and no air-con. I don't think I'd want a 6.36m vehicle except on the heavy chassis which I believe the Globecar has.

On a personal preference note, I wouldn't ever, ever ... EVER want a sink with the tap inside again ... NEVERRRRRRR! :D

LadyBea

Free Member
Jan 17, 2010
Dumfries &Galloway
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
since 1994
Why wouldn't you want an inside tap again, bit cold washing up outside in the winter !!!

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Why wouldn't you want an inside tap again, bit cold washing up outside in the winter !!!
... inside the sink silly ... every time you want to use it you have to lift the cover ... drove me mad when we had our Autocruise Accent PVC ... the Globecar has one of the standard single lever worktop ones ... much better!

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
A friend of ours has a Hobby PVC
Layouts are similar between Hobby and Globecar and both have decent build quality
Finnishes and trim are different but that's down to personal preference
Our frends van has no side windows in the rear but that may just be the case on the model they chose

No side windows here = hgv speed limit = 56mph(90kph) on motorways & even lower on other roads-

LadyBea

Free Member
Jan 17, 2010
Dumfries &Galloway
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
since 1994
The Globecar campscout has 2 single beds or a large double the hobby vantana k65ft has a double bed it really depends what your preference is.

OP
OP
Neckender

Neckender

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
The Campscout has a larger garage under the beds being a longitudinal bed, the hobby as a transverse bed and smaller garage.
The Globcar Scout looks like the one for us and I can sell my Lider Trailer, as won't be required anymore.
We will be ordering a Scout from SMC Newark on Monday.

John.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Don't know about PVC but we had a Hobby caravan excellent value for money but we thought the construction was a bit flimsy. Hobby tend to go for bling rather than quality but they do make the cheapest caravans in Europe so you get what you pay for.
Have you looked at the Possl's a few models with the port hole windows, Globecars are made in the Possl factory.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
The Campscout has a larger garage under the beds being a longitudinal bed, the hobby as a transverse bed and smaller garage.
The Globcar Scout looks like the one for us and I can sell my Lider Trailer, as won't be required anymore.
We will be ordering a Scout from SMC Newark on Monday.

John.
Don't forget to consider other dealers ... one here cheaper than SMC:

Broken Link Removed

Deleted User
... inside the sink silly ... every time you want to use it you have to lift the cover ... drove me mad when we had our Autocruise Accent PVC ... the Globecar has one of the standard single lever worktop ones ... much better!

Our Globestar has split cover so the tiny sink in the kitchen area with fold down tap is under a separate cover and not a problem any way as the sink is so small we never use it, fill a bowl from the bathroom sink.

Kitchen sink is extra storage for bits and bats:)

OP
OP
Neckender

Neckender

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
Don't forget to consider other dealers ... one here cheaper than SMC:

Broken Link Removed

That's 2016 model (66) according to blurb,
2017 compressor fridge which we want as we have an inclined drive and absorption doesn't work.
Also we want the upgrade cream cupboard doors and other extras.
We have ordered this morning a light blue with above plus sat nav and reversing camera,alloy wheels.

John.

Jun 12, 2016
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Globecar Revolution
Exp
Since 2006
Neckender hope the wait is not long
Once you have decided you just want it on the drive and getting used

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
We will soon be trading our 2014 Auto Sleeper BroadwayEB in

WE will be getting a 2015 Broadway EL DUO from Simpsons when we come back from Spain, was your M/H good for you, any problems, I have heard that A/S are a fairly good make, he said, fingers crossed!!

OP
OP
Neckender

Neckender

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
Picking our Campscout up on the 3rd April, the waiting is killing me, the Broadway is all ready to go and unloaded in to our conservatory.

John.

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Picking our Campscout up on the 3rd April, the waiting is killing me, the Broadway is all ready to go and unloaded in to our conservatory.

John.
It will be well worth the wait!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back