Chesterfield England Tellus 3
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 800
Exp
6 years
OMG

What a lot of off topic rubbish

Drones are available to anyone (worse luck) I fly a DJI Phantom a very expensive piece of kit

I have insurance cover to fly it
I follow the CAA regulations reguarding flight of UAV

SO please gentlemen just be polite if you do have a problem with a UAV talk nicely most of us drone pilots are human and a lot are motorhomers too all this aggressive talk is unecessary

and if you ask politely you may get a flight yourself - remember the batteries only last around 30 minutes max

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I have owned and flown a DJI Phanton Vision II for a couple of years now.
As far as I am aware no one has had cause to complain ..
In fact I often get asked by folk to take pictures and video them !

Mind you, if I did find out someone was threatening to shoot at it, bloody minded me would fly just close enough to pee them off big time.. Snaps of Toys out the pram time :whistle2::rofl:

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Im in the process of buying one just now , I quite fancy the dgi phantom 3
I was wondering though as well as a camera can you get any kind of missile launcher for those numpties with the slingshot and .22 airguns? I'd like to protect my investment

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Ummmmmm... crap.......
From some folks perception organisations like the CAA are all powerful
I firmly believed OfCom to have that sort of power when it came to radio transmissions

Of course it is not true..
It is only true if they happen to catch someone not abiding by the rules.. and it soon becomes apparent how far those rules can be broken when you get up close and personal so to speak

On top of that the latest generation of high spec drones are less than 300 grams inc battery
The weight ( or lack of ) means they fall below all laws except for those appertaining to flying within 5km of an airport or airdrome

Not that it matters, because ALL the worthwhile commercially available drones have restrictions built in to the firmware that will not allow take off within that area, same as all the downloadable firmware packages for home builds

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back