Bobndebs McKay

Free Member
Jul 15, 2014
Bali for the Winter!! Back in Feb 2016
Funster No
MH
Hobby 750 FMSE
Exp
5 months travelling Through France, Spain, Portugal, Germany and Holland as a Full timer in our firs
Hi all, our hobby 750 fmse has come up with a snag. I have filled the water tank ( it was empty and clean) now the pump runs when I open a tap, but no water comes to the tap. I pulled the feed pipe out and primed the line with a bottle of water but to no avail, is there something obvious I am missing? It is a Shureflo Trailking 7 pump. Any advice appreciated. Thanks in advance. :)

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
Most likely an air -lock, try opening ALL taps, including the shower and try again, it can take some time but usually woks if nothing else is wrong
Cheers, Dave(y)

Upvote 0

Voyger1010

Free Member
Oct 25, 2013
UK
Funster No
it was empty and clean)
Hi, just a thought as I did my water in the motorhome the other week ( I always drain down over the winter) The pump ran on for a longish time due to the fact that I had drained down not only the fresh water tank, but the domestic hot water boiler as well and it took a while to refill that as well, so the pump kept running until it had pumped the boiler full of water as well. hope it helps
Cheers.

Upvote 0

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
our 'old van' would only bleed with ALL taps shut----then crack one open A LITTLE to allow air out then shut again to allow pressure to re-build---keep repeating this 'till all air is out-----(pump will stop within a few seconds of closing tap)-------this worked for us anyway(y);)

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Bobndebs McKay

Bobndebs McKay

Free Member
Jul 15, 2014
Funster No
MH
Hobby 750 FMSE
Exp
5 months travelling Through France, Spain, Portugal, Germany and Holland as a Full timer in our firs
I have discovered a crack in the filter bowl housing, it being upstream from the pump, I reckon it's drawing air and cavitating, hence no water, no leak either. Ordered one off Amazon, will update when it arrives!!

Upvote 0

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
I have discovered a crack in the filter bowl housing, it being upstream from the pump, I reckon it's drawing air and cavitating, hence no water, no leak either. Ordered one off Amazon, will update when it arrives!!

Very common that one!

Water left inside the filter freezes over winter and cracks it. We have a spare!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
When it happened on ours it turned out that the boiler frost protection had operated. The pump was trying to fill the boiler as a priority, so nothing getting to the taps, the water was going straight out of the dump valve so the boiler wasn't filling so the pump was running continuously. Didn't figure it out until I went outside and noticed the big puddle under the van.

Upvote 0
Sep 21, 2013
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since Apr 2013
My hobby 600 takes ages for the water to pump through and also fills the truma water heater at the same time. As the others say make sure the dump valve is closed and just keep trying. The Truma heating may need to be switched on electrically in order for the dump valve to stay closed at first

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
the correct way to bleed the pipes is the same as per brakes, close all tapes then open one at a time until the water flows without spluttering, starting with the on nearest to the pump then close it and move on to the next. Remember it takes a while for the hot water tank to fill befor water gets to the taps.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Bobndebs McKay

Bobndebs McKay

Free Member
Jul 15, 2014
Funster No
MH
Hobby 750 FMSE
Exp
Hi all, success!! I received my new filter assembly today, it took literally 10 minutes to remove and replace the existing one. I then started to run the pump with the drain open ( nearest point). I primed the feed line from the tank with a small plastic bottle of water, then blew the water down the line, it filled the filter bowl and set the pump working properly. There was a distinct change of tone in the pump so I knew it was drawing water at this stage. I closed the drain and opened the kitchen sink tap which spluttered for a few minutes and then started to produce water which I allowed to run till it flowed steady. I repeated the process then for the vanity unit sink and shower in order. Result, all the taps and shower are now producing water on demand, the central heating and hot water boiler are working and I am one happy Teddy!!
I hope this information may be of some use to others. Cheers all. :clap2::party2:

Upvote 0

Peter Waller

Free Member
Oct 17, 2018
Weston Super Mare
Funster No
MH
Hobby 750 fsme
Exp
1 year
Hi do you still have your Hobby 750 and if you do have you had any problems? I started a thread where all 750 owners can communicate and help each other out. Thx Pete

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back