Jun 19, 2020
Elgin/ Morayshire
Funster No
MH
Hobby 600fse
Exp
im a noob
The MH runs a Shurflo 7l / 20psi pump.

Would like a little more pressure for the shower, would a 7l / 30psi do the trick or a 10l / 30psi. The Truma is good for 40psi...

I am going to be changing the kitchen tap,rear vanity tap and shower mixer.

All the taps and shower mixer are the 12v wired type, however i thought the shurflo was a pressurised system and comes on when the pressure drops.
Is there any need to get the 12v taps...

Will keep the 12v shower mixer as that is linked to my shower drain pump

Thankyou

Dec 16, 2019
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
How did you get on? We have a Hobby T650,

Yes, you need the 12v taps as they switch the pump on via relay.

A word of warning, previous owner replaced our pump for a 30psi variant. Recently, it's started causing no end of problems. First, the truma frost protection / over pressurisation valve started leaking, so every time you switched a tap on it leaked water out of the frost protection pipe from the bottom of the van. Then we had a slight weep from a joining into the truma resulting in a wet garage. Now, the badly designed multi-section hot water manifold has started leaking and working itself apart due to the pressure.

I've just ordered a 20psi 7l replacement. The shower hose in ours restricts the flow to less than that of the outlet pipe from the mixer, so rather than more pressure we actually just need to fit a larger diameter hose for a better flow rate. Also, the taps are to lively for us with 30psi.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back