Hobby 600 FM - rear light cluster

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by savantuk, Jun 16, 2010.

1. savantuk

savantuk

Ratings:
    +39
    I'm in Devon at the moment soaking up some early summer sun - loveley!!

I digress however. Last week whilst (carefully reversing) into a pitch at Exeter, I hit the electric post, and damaged my offside rear light cluster, lens only. I've tried my best to find a replacement via the net on my Blackberry, but it's slow going. The best I have found is one on Ebay for £220!!!!:Eeek::Eeek:

Apparently Hobby only supply the complete unit, with bulb holders and bulbs, not just glass only.

Does anybody have a better, cheaper source please?? May van is the 2005/2006 model, thoug I believe the item was the same when they introduced the F model on late 2001.

If anybody has any ideas, please email me dougdarter@aol.com.

Thanks a million.

2. 747

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there,

The chances are that the light cluster is made by Jokon. If you do a search to find their website (there is an English version) they show a range of light fittings. I have just sourced a rear high marker light for my Burstner from Caravan Tech. It cost one third of the price that a certain Burstner agent wanted. Give them a try. Find a part number or offer to send a photo of yours.

Best of luck.

3. steveheather

steveheather

Ratings:
    +0
    Hobby Rear Light

Hi there,

I have lived in fear of doing the same to my Hobby for 8 years now!

Try http://www.hobbycaravansuk.co.uk/ Ambergate caravans. They supply many Hobby caravans to the UK market and many of those use the same light fittings to the rear.

Steve

4. Rainbowchaser

Rainbowchaser

Ratings:
    +5