Deceased RIP
Aug 27, 2007
East Yorks
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Too Long
Why do people keep forwarding virus warnings without first checking to find out whether they are true or not?

I received one this morning which had been forwarded so many times there were literally hundreds of e mail addresses on show.

If I receive a warning I always check it out at http://www.snopes.com/snopes.asp if it is a hoax I then warn the sender that it is a hoax even giving snoop's address hoping they might take the hint to check future warnings before forwarding them.

Regards

Don

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
Most people (me included) have better things to do with their time than check this sort of thing out. I think its a courtesy to let other people know there may be a problem :thumb:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I agree with Don. It takes less time to check if it is genuine than it does to forward it. Just copy the first line or two and pop it into google, you'll know straight away if its a hoax and save worrying all your friends with it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Probably the same reason why people send round those , you are a wonderful strong woman , friend , man , load of tosh emails and texts. The ones where you must send to however many people , to get luck before the end of the hour, day,week...

I got one the other day that was a six page long text. From someone who i hardly know explaining how friendships like ours , should be cherished and held on to , blah blah blah :Blush:.
I sent one back saying .
OMG pass the sick bucket , i hardly know you for gods sake you sloppy sod. :ROFLMAO:
I think they are started by companies to collect as many email addresses as possible and then used for spamming and physhing or what ever.
I never forward any on , and usually send an email back to the mate that sent it , saying not to send me such sentimental cyber hug drivel !!
Better still , come round and do it in person :winky:
Bev

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I sent one back saying .
OMG pass the sick bucket , i hardly know you for gods sake you sloppy sod. :ROFLMAO:
I think they are started by companies to collect as many email addresses as possible and then used for spamming and physhing or what ever.
I never forward any on , and usually send an email back to the mate that sent it , saying not to send me such sentimental cyber hug drivel !!
Better still , come round and do it in person :winky:
Bev

You'll make a great Grumpy Old Man.

The operation will be worth it.

wivvy's dad

Free Member
Jun 22, 2010
Funster No
MH
Transit LWB Hi-Top PVC
Exp
On and Off since '98
Their only use is for email address harvesting .................

If anyone sends me one of those, I email them back immediately and tell them NEVER to send me anything like that again.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Rainbowchaser

Free Member
Feb 27, 2010
Third rock from the sun
Funster No
MH
Err..A blue one
Exp
Hmnn...Quite a long time really...
With apologies to any of our wonderful Irish members..
:winky:

Attachments

• the_irish_virus.jpg
    the_irish_virus.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 20

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread