Hmm advice down pub buy British grrr (1 Viewer)

Sep 14, 2017
The Fens
Funster No
MH
Ford Duetto, 1995
Exp
So after a trip down the pub last night without me to start with , Malcs spoken to a really nice friend who was has a caravan /motorhome biz, newer models, he's asked what he thinks of Hymers older ones and he said 'they tend to leak' he'd be better off buying British, I have now turned up and this story was relayed to me, I couldn't believe it, I showed him Frasers van we'd seen and he said ahh an A frame, he sort of back tracked a bit. Sadly the seed has been sown............ But he said when we are looking let him know and he'll ring round he's dealers and see if they've got one, that's when he realised I was obsessed about them. Then I was called a hippy and much merriment ensued , but Malcs now talking about getting a double cab pick up and still camp, grrrrrr, I'm leaving it for now don't want to push him away whilst he's still waivering slightly. Thanks for listening Funsters xxx

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
So after a trip down the pub last night without me to start with , Malcs spoken to a really nice friend who was has a caravan /motorhome biz, newer models, he's asked what he thinks of Hymers older ones and he said 'they tend to leak' he'd be better off buying British, I have now turned up and this story was relayed to me, I couldn't believe it, I showed him Frasers van we'd seen and he said ahh an A frame, he sort of back tracked a bit. Sadly the seed has been sown............ But he said when we are looking let him know and he'll ring round he's dealers and see if they've got one, that's when he realised I was obsessed about them. Then I was called a hippy and much merriment ensued , but Malcs now talking about getting a double cab pick up and still camp, grrrrrr, I'm leaving it for now don't want to push him away whilst he's still waivering slightly. Thanks for listening Funsters xxx

Or did he say A class?

Martin

Upvote 0

Paul and Kate

LIFE MEMBER
May 1, 2016
Stoke on trent
Funster No
MH
Auto sleeper Warwick
Exp
Since 2015
@duffs
Who will be driving the mh you or your husband
He'll see the light at some point
It's the same with me and Kate I love the classic 90s a class hymer but Kate doesn't everything is a compromise

Upvote 0
OP
OP
duffs
Sep 14, 2017
The Fens
Funster No
MH
Ford Duetto, 1995
Exp
@duffs
Who will be driving the mh you or your husband
He'll see the light at some point
It's the same with me and Kate I love the classic 90s a class hymer but Kate doesn't everything is a compromise

I'll be doing all the driving, I think he likes them, just he hasn't been looking as much as me he has no idea on how much 2005+ MH sctually cost which is what he thought we'd be getting.

The friend also told him that the ddb only sleeps kids, I think I could throttle him, he said that last night, wish he wouldn't be so negative about them, Malcs just listening to what he says sadly.
Xxx

Upvote 0
Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
get Malcs on ere well soon edificate him ! :LOL:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
D

deleted-member02

Deleted User
My missus didn't originally like the eighties Hymer either, although to be fair we viewed some right sheds (and this was 15yrs ago o_O)
If the dark wood doesn't appeal, look out for 'timeline' editions with a far lighter interior.
fwiw, we now both agree that there are some beautiful examples from the 80s and 90s.
Desirable, rare and invariably selling quickly, with such charm, it's easy to see why :)
171206968_5_big.jpg

Upvote 0
Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
His friend obviously is either a prat or often pi***d not the person to buy from.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
duffs
Sep 14, 2017
The Fens
Funster No
MH
Ford Duetto, 1995
Exp
I know when we first started looking there were lots of classic Hymers for sale, not many now, once we have the funds in place he hopefully will chirp up.
Don't want to go down the double cab route and still camp , as much as I love my tent, I have to do all the the pitching etc.

Just booked our French campsite, will it be tent or hymer

Upvote 0
OP
OP
duffs
Sep 14, 2017
The Fens
Funster No
MH
Ford Duetto, 1995
Exp
Tell me, how does he get away with that ?
Well sadly he's had a stroke got a dickie heart, can't kneel down because he can't get up again. He's conglative bit of his brain has gone, so it takes him forever to do stuff .

If he was an animal he'd be pts
Hence the move to a MH, easier for me and him toilet available at night.

Unless of course he's stringing me along and he is able x

Upvote 0
Feb 22, 2014
Grantham
Funster No
MH
Rapido Le Randonneur
Exp
Since 2015
Well sadly he's had a stroke got a dickie heart, can't kneel down because he can't get up again. He's conglative bit of his brain has gone, so it takes him forever to do stuff .

If he was an animal he'd be pts
Hence the move to a MH, easier for me and him toilet available at night.

Unless of course he's stringing me along and he is able x

Welcome to the club.....despite what the men say, the basics chores are a doddle in the Motorhome!

Upvote 0
Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Sorry to hear that, clearly a Hymer would be ideal, forget all that double cab nonsense.

Upvote 0

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
The Man obviously does not know his facts a drop down bed sleeps 2 adults comfortabley. Hymers are winterised, not all older uk vans are winterised. Bide your time until you have the funds, then seriously look at the vans you like, so much easier than a tent.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back