Hiya thanks for letting me join. We have a fiat bessacar 425 with. Ducato engine 2003. Would really love to get some info on sat nav instalation (1 Viewer)

Bobp17

Free Member
Mar 6, 2021
Funster No
MH
Fiat ducato bessacar
Hiya thanks for letting me join. We have a fiat bessacar 425 with. Ducato engine 2003. Would really love to get some info on sat nav instalation it's a garmin

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Welcome,

There are several people on here with a Garmin,

If you can let us know which Garmin and what your installation issue is we can help, however you only get 5 posts, so choose your words well or you will have to pay Ā£15 for a years subscription to solve all your motorhome issues and save you shed loads of money in the meantime, because between the lot of us, we have made probably every mistake in the book.

Jun 8, 2019
Bexley Kent
Funster No
MH
Given up Motorhoming
Exp
May 2019
Greetings peeps welcome from Bexley.

I bought my 7ā€ one from eBay cheap as chips and it does work better than my TomTom.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Hello and welcome from West Midlands. šŸ‘

Wyn

Mar 26, 2020
Uranus
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 185
Exp
Welcome! I've got a Garmin 780, works well for me. When I got that sat nav I didn't want to sucker it to the windscreen like I'd done with my former ones, so I got a friction mat. The mat holds the sat nav quite steady on top middle of my dashboard (Peugeot Boxer; very similar/identical to Ducato). There are cheaper ones, but I suppose you pays your money you makes your choice.

Amazon product ASIN B000LRMS66

AndyPK

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 7, 2015
Cirencester
Funster No
MH
Noneā€¦ā€¦..!
Exp
Motorhoming since 2015......
Welcome from sunny Ciren! (y)

Mar 14, 2019
Sutton Coldfield but East Yorkshire man at heart
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest155
Exp
Since 2018
Hiya thanks for letting me join. We have a fiat bessacar 425 with. Ducato engine 2003. Would really love to get some info on sat nav instalation it's a garmin
If you have a smart phone get a Apple CarPlay compliant radio, double DIN to replace the existing radio. The smart phone needs to have on it Google Maps, Apple Maps (iPhone). Waze or HERE - all of these are free apps. Sygic do a truck/campervan but is a paid for service. The maps on these Papps are much more likely to be up to date, especially Google. You need to factor in that some of them do not work off line so you get charged for data use. I have found that HERE works well off line. Maps are downloaded onto the phone and you connect your phone usually with a USB cable - iPhone connects with the charging cable.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back