Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hi All

Friend wants to tour a holland in a Motorhome, 4 adults plus child, would it be best to hire in the UK or Holland.

Pros and cons please.

Martin

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Thanks Peter, that was my first thought I just wasn't sure what the arguments were for and against.

Martin

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
My opinion but having never hired a MH, is hire in UK local to home

That way they will leave fully packed, knowing exactly what is in, it would be difficult to turn up and find yuo need something critical for the holiday that is not included (I guess reading the small print would avoid that)

the only negatives I can think of are ferry costs will be higher than car and they will be in a RHD MH possibly for the first time abroad

David

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
I hired a MH to go to France in June and used Just Go at Flamstead, just off M1. Very helpful people and good choice of vans. However the drive to Folkstone nearly sent us round the bend ! After the paperwork and demo, we chucked our bags in and set off. However it all sounded like lose spanners in a tin bucket even though it was a brand new van. Everything rattled like crazy. A piece of kitchen roll between all the plates and tea towel around the grill pan soon sorted it out.
Oh - check what oven in provided, I was told it had a gas oven but it turned out to only have a gas grill !

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back