Hiring for a 6 week trip to Europe (1 Viewer)

HeatherW

Free Member
Sep 27, 2019
Funster No
MH
Don’t own one yet
Exp
Ima newbie
Afternoon folks, wonder if anyone has any tips for hiring a van for a big trip. Was going to buy one this year but chickened out at the last minute as I wasn’t completely sure that buying was the right decision. Still want to do a big trip next summer though and have a 6 week holiday to fill. Can anyone point me in the right direction for hiring one to take abroad? Thanks, and happy new year! ??

Jul 10, 2018
Worcester(U.K)
Funster No
MH
Tamar Ducato160multi
Exp
We hired a RV to tour West Canada, one lesson learned was to take photos of the outside and roof of the hired vehicle before you start. The hire company tried to keep our deposit and make us pay for existing damage to RV on roof. Hope you find a honest rental company and have a wonderful time.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
there are a few hire companies about although i am not in a position to recommend or otherwise.

but a watchout.... I read some weeks ago on this forum a tale of woe regarding accident excess claimed by the hire company so be sure to understand in detail all the clauses particularly to mileage, damage or accident.

Upvote 0

Clynester

Free Member
Sep 12, 2019
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer
Exp
Hi, try Capricorn Campers in Aylsham , Norfolk, used them in 2017 first class service and can deliver depending on where you are in the UK.

Upvote 0

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
We hired a couple of times before buying. We hired in Germany as it was ½ the price of the UK. Probably not quite as cheap now due to exchange rates.

Upvote 0

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Afternoon folks, wonder if anyone has any tips for hiring a van for a big trip. Was going to buy one this year but chickened out at the last minute as I wasn’t completely sure that buying was the right decision. Still want to do a big trip next summer though and have a 6 week holiday to fill. Can anyone point me in the right direction for hiring one to take abroad? Thanks, and happy new year! ??
It will be very expensive to hire one for 6 weeks .
We hired a four birth 6 metre long van in 2007 to see if we would like it. It was 750£ a week then!
( of course we loved it Although trying to do Scotland in a week was impossible!
Bought our first van in 2009! And still loving it!
Did Scotland in 2 weeks next trip!!

Good luck!

Upvote 0

Bant

Free Member
Jan 16, 2020
Funster No
MH
AutocruiseStarseeker
Exp
Since 2018
JustGo motorhomes Toddington buy 200 p.a. and offer half price hire if you collect one from the Roller Team Factory ,fully kitted out,near Pisa. This will be our 3rd year of doing so. We opted to hire it for 3 weeks this time .

Upvote 0
Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
Visited JustGo and they seem very professional.
They also did a habitation check on my van.
Many of their customers fly in from overseas. Their collect a van from Italy has been going for some time but has not meshed with our arrangements so far but is genuine and could prove to be a bargain hire.Telephone 01525878000

Upvote 0
Jun 10, 2013
Sussex
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Festivals
We bought a motorhome, and it was the ideal layout when we bought it, but then a couple of years later we decided it was no longer ideal and a different layout was ideal so we traded in. Trading in is fun, but it costs a lot of money, so yes try before buy, it's not cheap but I think it's a good idea and some places both hire and sell units.

Upvote 0

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
I think 'The Motorhome Holiday Company', based between Bristol and Weston-super-Mare on the A370, is pretty good.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
HeatherW

HeatherW

Free Member
Sep 27, 2019
Funster No
MH
Don’t own one yet
Exp
Ima newbie
Thanks for all the advice everyone. We have now arranged to hire a van for 6 weeks and are in the ‘planning a route’ part of the trip. We plan to get over into France and take it from there, but would like to head down to the French alps and beyond via scenic but not too scary (!) routes. If anyone has any suggestions I’d be very grateful, or any road trips you might have done before. We love lakes and mountains and anything with a beautiful view. We won’t be in any rush as we have 6 weeks to fill, so will be looking to take it slowly for most of the time!
thank you ?

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back