Hinge broken (2 Viewers)

Oct 2, 2011
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Aaaaaghhhhh. We were down at St Andrews today and I opened the habitation door and the wind took it and it slammed open. Unfortunately the bottom hinge broke. It's on a CompassAvantgarde 400 RL 2003 plate. From outside the hinges are on the left. I have a picture but can't get it to upload. Any pointeers as to where to get a replacement would be appreciated. Thanks:Sad::Smile:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
When one broke on our Autoquest 100 I got one from Marcle Leisure - see Link Removed. I'm not sure whether they are reversible but I do remember e-mailing them for advice and they were very helpful.

If you Google <Silver Hinge 5 Leaf> you'll find other suppliers.

Removal & replacement is pretty straightforward. Drill out the existing rivets to remove the old one and rivet the replacement in place. Following advice on here I bought a decent pop rivet gun to do the job - a tool I had never used before - and managed not to make a mess of it :Smile:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi we have a autoquest 130 and would you believe it while we where up in St Andrews in Oct our door hinge broke :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:. Not sure if its the same as yours ours has the fly door attached also and it was our bottom hinge that broke, our local dealer ordered some in for us and im sure it was under £20 cant remember exactly as he was doing service at same time so if your struggling to get one i can pass on his number as im sure he ordered extra ones.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
gordoncbrown
Oct 2, 2011
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Thanks to everyone for their help. New hinges here and fitted. Just wondering though if the wind has caught our door and slammed it, it has happened to others. Does anyone know of a device/gadget that slows the opening down a bit, a damper device of sorts. I did say that the speed the door swung round at could have caused quite a nasty injury and I was glad I wasn't in its way. Caroline has commented that it would have been quite funny. Help me out here lads. Don't want her laughing too much.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::Rofl1

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back