Free Member
Oct 31, 2010
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
2 years
Off to Hillheads C.C. site in Devon next week and was wondering if anyones been and whats it like . No little Hitler wardens hopefully . Also saw on another post its the Brixham steam fair the same weekend so that's a bonus . :thumb:

Mick .

Swift

Banned
Sep 13, 2010
Funster No
Yes, been there with a caravan last year, yes there was a hitler female warden who had a go at my wife for popping to the loo, 2 mins before closure for cleaning, pathetic really.

Great location high on a hill, Beware, there are some pitches that are hidden in hedged enclosures, the caravaners MUST use electric movers as they are so tight into corners. We were on a lovely gravel pitch just in front of the office, handy for the Pool, restaurant and bar. There are loads of kids there and quite a lot of related noise, although they tend to hang out by a great adventure park in the shape of a fort.

There is a bus that stops outside, you can get rover tickets for a day or week, big hills down to Brixham or Dartmouth (turn left or right when you exit) both about 2.5 miles away. If you go to Dartmouth you will be on the East side so need to get the Ferry across, in summer there cane be a long car queue, but there is a new bigger and quicker ferry on the upper part of the river.

The difference between Dartmouth and Brixham is reflected in the cost of most things, Brixham is more down to Earth if you know what I mean.

Back to the site, the food in the restaurant was fine, the entertainment passed the time, there is a well stocked food shop with all you would need. The swimming pool is fine although space to sunbathe limited as the sun moves round you can soon be in shade, so chose carefully.

Good facilities for Motorhomes, that is where I got my first taste for one, watching them emptying the tanks. With all the hills I would forget taking a cycle. There is a great dog walk area with fantastic views over to sea and along the coast. Wifi is limited, but seemed fine around the cafe area.

Have a great time, any more questions just ask:thumb:

Swift

Banned
Sep 13, 2010
Funster No
Some pics :thumb:

Link Removed

Link Removed

Link Removed

Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Buses at gate, go left Dartmouth, go right Brixham, Brixham try Ferry to Torquay. Good Trip, Dartmouth try the Rockfish grill and seafood place,bit pricy but worth it, Fish and chip places near the Golden Hind in Brixham, nothing special, just run of the mill.:cry:
In Dartmouth if you can get there when its open on sunday, AL FRESCOS, on the road as you leave the vehicle ferry towards town, very popular, opens early morning! Great laugh, great food, but basic, great atmosphere, one Sausage Bagette and you'll die happy!:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Glyn and Debbie

Free Member
May 18, 2011
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Fifth Wheel
Exp
Since 2008
Can't fault it, been several times c.c's best site, if you chat up the area manager he will give you his password to his wi-fi connection. Great beer great food. Try Blackpool sands just the other side of dartmouth. If you are in a motorhome you can park at the Darthaven marina car park and get the ferry to dartmouth. You will have a great time.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back