Highly recommended for lpg top ups S. Birmingham (1 Viewer)

Jan 4, 2018
Funster No
We had a gasit refillable lpg system fitted on Sunday and put our first quantity of gas in it today to make sure everything was ok.
Luckily our usual petrol station was amongst those listed nearby on the lpg finder website. Its the Esso Rontec sevice station on the A435 at Wythall just south of Birmingham just off junction 3 of the M42 so really handy for a lot of people heading along there. Its also only maybe 1 mile from the Chapel lane CAMC caravan site, so again very handy for anyone stopping there.
Basically I've got no hesitation in recommending it.
The forecourt has very easy access even for the largest motorhome I would have thought. Very spacious forecourt with plenty of width between the pumps, basically don't worry about getting in or out. The lpg pump is in the middle of the middle row, pumps 15 and 16 I think so it doesn't matter what side your filler point is on. It really couldn't be easier.
One thing...I don't understand why petrol stations that provide lpg no longer seem to have any obvious indication that they do so i.e. on the price board with main fuels diesel, unleaded etc

Mar 2, 2021
UK & Europe
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 669
Exp
Since 2017
Thanks for that. We may be heading that way soon and that could be very useful.

There are also petrol stations that advertise LPG but haven't had it for years (I'm thinking of on the A11).

May 12, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Hymer
I fill with fuel and gas there, don't have to move the van, just go from pump to pump. The gas nozzle sometimes needs a little wiggling to get it off.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 22, 2007
essex
Funster No
MH
2017 sunlight t69s euro6
Exp
since 1999
If anybody is near asda in Cardiff I filled up yesterday at a great price of 52.7 per litre

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back