Highlands End Campsite & Jurassic Coast Meet 8-12 July 2021 * Full * (2 Viewers)

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
For anyone age 50 & over (may only apply to those in England) on here & not jabbed yet see Broken Link Removed (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
****************************************************************************************************************************
As us all gathering together is unlikely to be an option & we will be spread around the campsite (never far from a fellow Funster though :hi: :hi: ) maybe make a sign or download, edit & print this version https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/resources/rally-name-badge.66/ or this one https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/resources/smiley-rally-badge.228/ ) with forum &/or first names to display in your motorhome if you don't already have one. For anyone new to get a Fun sticker (tax disc type for your windscreen) just send a stamped addressed envelope to:
Motorhomefun STICKER
Jasmin Lodge
Crabtree Lane
Sutton on Sea
Lincolnshire
LN12 2RS
As many already know, these really help us all spot each other & have some friendly socially distanced chats :)

1616940889025.png

**************************************************************************************************************************

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Just checked with the campsite & just 2 grass & 2 gravel pitches left now!

Feb 16, 2020
Taunton
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Must have just missed out, nothing available tonight. Would have our first rally but never mind, maybe next year. Thanks anyway.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Must have just missed out, nothing available tonight. Would have our first rally but never mind, maybe next year. Thanks anyway.
That's a shame - would try giving them a call just to make sure & they may operate a wait list for cancellations? If you do call please let us know how you get on.

Feb 16, 2020
Taunton
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
No, all good intentions and all that but had a couple of intense days at work. Just checked again and still no vacancies, a very popular time. Will certainly look out for it next year. On a positive note my wife and I are now officially retired!

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
No, all good intentions and all that but had a couple of intense days at work. Just checked again and still no vacancies, a very popular time. Will certainly look out for it next year. On a positive note my wife and I are now officially retired!
Congratulations on both your retirements! Know some Funsters managed to book Highlands before by ringing & moving from gravel to grass pitches part way through their stay which wouldn't be an obvious option online & not ideal but it worked. There may be limited availability for Norden Farm (may not be in Pond Field & discount ended), good availability with discount for New Forest just after that & Adventure Overland/International Campervan Show in September & many more here

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Top tip, for those who like walking the coastal path, don't get too close to the edge - After last November's cliff edge fall near this site, now the cliff edge between Eype and Seatown, towards the beacon is on the move. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-dorset-56731797
We always check out all coastal paths on Google Maps & take the route furthest away from the edge as many of them should have been rerouted but some people always seem to like to live dangerously & peer over or even sit on the edge!

Kannon Fodda

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2019
Seek and Ye May Find
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-line 540
Exp
I Make Schoolboy Errors!
Just received an email that the Jurassic Fields Festival for 2021 has been cancelled. Not that great a surprise since it remains unclear how the government would enable larger gatherings of a few thousand people even outdoor. Tickets can be rolled over to next year, Fri 9 - Sat 10th July 2022 (they also hope perhaps to be licenced for the Sunday too which existing ticket holders would get in to), or a refund can be claimed.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Totally understandable for them to postpone this year - roll on next year at Jurassic Fields 8-9 July 2022! :Grin: Have already been checking what might be possible with Highlands End Campsite so watch this thread for further updates :)

1618391068848.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Same headliners next year:

1618488723638.png

Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
Is anyone in contact with Rodders1234 . I have tried to message him/her but haven't had a response. Due to my licence problem we won't be able to make it this year so I was giving him the chance to be the first in the queue when we let the site know. If anyone else is interested, let me have your contact details and I will do the same for you.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Is anyone in contact with Rodders1234 . I have tried to message him/her but haven't had a response. Due to my licence problem we won't be able to make it this year so I was giving him the chance to be the first in the queue when we let the site know. If anyone else is interested, let me have your contact details and I will do the same for you.
Sorry to hear you can't join us this year - next year's dates should be 7-11 July 2022 to coincide with Jurassic Fields Festival. Know scottie wanted to book this one & hopefully sees this.

scottie

Free Member
Mar 2, 2013
chandlers ford
Funster No
MH
Astec Devon 2008
Exp
July 2012
Have sent highlands farm a voice message, just quote john scott when you talk to them. They have my details and im awaiting a call from them. Many thanks
John aka scottie

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
If anyone else is keen to book for these dates then suggest emailing the campsite as although they are fully booked there might be a cancellation - you might get lucky like scottie who is now booked (y)
Thank you TheTwoOfUs for the heads up & hope to see you next year :)

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
DuxDeluxe Nana Ginster RAM Debs Jenben Mr Chrysalis stevewagner philann Granjan bigalw35 westhamman Centurian Baycott Targetpaster Docsmobile Riverbankannie swiftsteve Nanniemate DaveBUK carolyn Dizzy Izzy retiringjoyce Ejaydee Kannon Fodda Gaston aires shunter L' Hobo Howard B Nutrocker Pat Snoopy Jandz The Curly's Cliffyboy Dandm Dorwyn Four of us bellabee Hildegard Floydster FIDGET David and Sally Kev and Ju alanormskirk scottie

Hi All :hi: - as we come up to the time when the balance has to be paid for bookings for this one just wanted to make sure everyone is aware that Jurassic Fields Festival is not going ahead this year (postponed until 8-9 July 2022) - no need to message back just wanted to alert you all in case you hadn't spotted posts #137 & #138 above to avoid any last minute disappointment. We have already enquired about a meet again at Highlands End for next year for those dates 🤞 & will post details once we know what is possible.
Sure we will all still have a great time with lots of friendly socially distanced chats whilst enjoying being in such a lovely location - we can't wait to get back there!

scottie

Free Member
Mar 2, 2013
chandlers ford
Funster No
MH
Astec Devon 2008
Exp
July 2012
I booked about 2 days ago, lady phoned me back, was able to get a grass pitch as a solo, but i know there were also gravel pitches available.

RAM

Funster
Jan 29, 2021
Funster No
MH
Hobby Siesta 65TL
DuxDeluxe Nana Ginster RAM Debs Jenben Mr Chrysalis stevewagner philann Granjan bigalw35 westhamman Centurian Baycott Targetpaster Docsmobile Riverbankannie swiftsteve Nanniemate DaveBUK carolyn Dizzy Izzy retiringjoyce Ejaydee Kannon Fodda Gaston aires shunter L' Hobo Howard B Nutrocker Pat Snoopy Jandz The Curly's Cliffyboy Dandm Dorwyn Four of us bellabee Hildegard Floydster FIDGET David and Sally Kev and Ju alanormskirk scottie

Hi All :hi: - as we come up to the time when the balance has to be paid for bookings for this one just wanted to make sure everyone is aware that Jurassic Fields Festival is not going ahead this year (postponed until 8-9 July 2022) - no need to message back just wanted to alert you all in case you hadn't spotted posts #137 & #138 above to avoid any last minute disappointment. We have already enquired about a meet again at Highlands End for next year for those dates 🤞 & will post details once we know what is possible.
Sure we will all still have a great time with lots of friendly socially distanced chats whilst enjoying being in such a lovely location - we can't wait to get back there!
Thanks for the reminder. Reluctantly, I have contacted the campsite and cancelled. Got to say, they were great! Hope you have a great meet, cheers Rob.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Thanks for the reminder. Reluctantly, I have contacted the campsite and cancelled. Got to say, they were great! Hope you have a great meet, cheers Rob.
Thank you for letting us know & hope to see you another time.

Ejaydee

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2018
Penzance in (usually) sunny Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Roller Team T 590
Exp
Since retiring
Hi Karen, I couldn't remember if I was fully paid up or not, so have logged in and yes all up to date. Really looking forward to visiting HE again!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back