Highlands End Campsite & Jurassic Coast Meet 8-12 July 2021 * Full * (4 Viewers)

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
I'm booked on grass.
I wish someone would talk dirty to me! :giggler:

Excuse my ignorance, but do we have to book festival in advance or can we do it down there?
Hi - not doing the first bit :roflmto: but have added you to the list on the first post - let me know if you want to give first name/names. Jurassic Fields tickets are cheapest bought in advance from their website https://www.jurassicfields.com/ but paying on the gate normally also possible. Will post on this thread once tickets sales for 2021 open & alert all on the list.

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
Hi - not doing the first bit :roflmto: but have added you to the list on the first post - let me know if you want to give first name/names. Jurassic Fields tickets are cheapest bought in advance from their website https://www.jurassicfields.com/ but paying on the gate normally also possible. Will post on this thread once tickets sales for 2021 open & alert all on the list.

Thanks for info, as regards first name, why not, it's Owen

Apr 3, 2019
UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Travel Van
Exp
Few years now
We have booked three nights arrive Thursday and Depart on the Sunday. Gravel Pitch

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
We have booked three nights arrive Thursday and Depart on the Sunday. Gravel Pitch
Have added you to the list on the first post (y) - please let me know if you want first names added.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
I am pretty sure that Nutrocker Pat ‘s also booked but probably not told you.
Helen and Pat
Thank you Riverbankannie - it's nice to know who is coming along & the more Funsters who book the more chance that we can get added Fun benefits like earlier arrival agreed & one dog staying free another time (in addition to the 10% early booking discount) - it's unusual for campsites to offer anything like this at such a busy time of year so we can't take this for granted.
Nutrocker Pat :hi: - have added you to the list on the first post but can remove you if required just post here or message us.

Sep 10, 2019
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer camp c546
Exp
Since 2019
Hi wombles, first time for us, just booked 4 nights for me hubby and 1 grandchild, waiting for site to confirm booking, hopefully they will confirm in the morning :unsure:

Sep 10, 2019
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer camp c546
Exp
Since 2019
Hi wombles, just got confirmation all booked. Four nights 8th july to 12 th July gravel pitch. Please put our names on the list, Lorna and Richard Caitlin Grandaughter.. Very much looking forward to meeting everyone :clap: , Thank you for your help

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Now I don't want to scare the Funsters who have booked this event for next year, BUT;

On the South West news tonight is a report that huge cracks in the cliff on this campsite have become very wide in a very short space of time.
The coastal path has been fenced off and diverted and the beach below has been closed

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Now I don't want to scare the Funsters who have booked this event for next year, BUT;

On the South West news tonight is a report that huge cracks in the cliff on this campsite have become very wide in a very short space of time.
The coastal path has been fenced off and diverted and the beach below has been closed
There is a whole field between the site and the cliff path. Nothing to worry about for at least 50 years

Jul 13, 2020
Leicester
Funster No
MH
'Inbetweeners'
Exp
Newbie. Motor home experience began on 1/8/2020.
There is a whole field between the site and the cliff path. Nothing to worry about for at least 50 years

It isn't such a big field, more like an exercise area unless you are referring to the hard standing pitches then agree it is a way off to the cliff edge.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
It isn't such a big field, more like an exercise area unless you are referring to the hard standing pitches then agree it is a way off to the cliff edge.
It is big enough. Nothing to worry about And not worth scaremongering about. As I said, nothing to worry about for 50 years and I’m certainly not cancelling next year

F0AE5F88-6EBF-4D9F-9BAA-77810B7D929F.jpg

Kannon Fodda

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2019
Seek and Ye May Find
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-line 540
Exp
I Make Schoolboy Errors!

That's a BIG series of holes and cracks. I did think this summer just past that it looked like there were a few cracks opening, but nothing on the scale of the photos in that article.

It's the path that runs along the edge of the campsite's field, and looks like they are allowing the path to divert through the edge of the campsite field, so you'll get a lot of walkers along the grassed pitches.

I suspect the paragliders won't be happy as it will compromise their launching area.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now

Thank you for alerting us to this! Got to admit we always avoid footpaths that are really close to cliff edges anywhere.
For all those booked - having looked at the news articles & knowing the footpaths there quite well can see that the cracks are on the public footpath outside the boundary of the campsite & beyond the dog walking field so a long way from even the (red on map) tent pitches. The grass pitches for motorhomes & caravans (purple), gravel pitches (grey), & hardstanding (brown) are much further away as can be seen on the site map below:

As can be seen in the photos below Highlands End are allowing public access so walkers can divert through their land safely then back onto the footpath - the route is through one part of the tent camping area so shouldn't bother anyone on motorhome pitches at all & there are still good walking routes to both Eype & West Bay beaches from the campsite :)

1605138231991.png

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
We walked that path a few times on our last stay last month. It’s good that they keep a close eye on it. It’s ironic though because they had tidied up the path and levelled it nicely so that you weren’t walking single file in a gully along that top bit! Certainly won’t put us off.

Kannon Fodda

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2019
Seek and Ye May Find
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-line 540
Exp
I Make Schoolboy Errors!
the route is through one part of the tent camping area so shouldn't bother anyone on motorhome pitches at all & there are still good walking routes to both Eype & West Bay beaches from the campsite :)

View attachment 440109
Last summer all grass pitches were available to motorhomers, caravans and the few tents. There were 3 or 4 funsters on the meet who were in the diverted footpath row to the left of the photo.. As it happens a remarkably windy spot but which offered an opportunity of good views. Unfortunately the diverted footpath route will have a perceived effect on security for those end pitches with non campers passing by.

It's a big site overall, so plenty of places to pitch up and avoid the route. Certainly no reason not to be going.

Jul 23, 2017
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
15years
Hiya! I'm booked for next year.....had carried my 2020 deposit over so dates for 2021 now all booked (Wed - Mon). Soooooo hoping we all make it🤞🤞.
Janet

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
OH well, if the van falls into the sea after parking in a 'safe area' it insured, lets hope we done spill the wine on the way down :wine:

And it better be at the end of the week because then we would had a lovely time before hand it would be frustrating if it happened at the beginning. :giggle:

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Hiya! I'm booked for next year.....had carried my 2020 deposit over so dates for 2021 now all booked (Wed - Mon). Soooooo hoping we all make it🤞🤞.
Janet
We are keeping our fingers crossed too! Have added you to the list now :)

Nov 24, 2017
Greater London
Funster No
MH
2021 Burstner TD680G
Exp
Camping , caravanning, campervaning for 10 years
Hi....looking on Jurrasic Fields website it says tickets unavailable... dos that mean sold out or not released yet? Anyone know?

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Hi....looking on Jurrasic Fields website it says tickets unavailable... dos that mean sold out or not released yet? Anyone know?
Not released yet - the cheapest tickets will be those bought earliest then go up nearer the time & most expensive on the gate - it hasn't ever sold out yet but is growing each year & attracting more mainstream acts. Suggest liking & following their Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/jurassicfields for the latest updates - their website isn't updated as quickly.

Nov 24, 2017
Greater London
Funster No
MH
2021 Burstner TD680G
Exp
Camping , caravanning, campervaning for 10 years
Ah ok thanks. Says I can take a well behaved dog... is it suitable as festivals go for a mutt in your opinion? Not been to a festival before... is this a good gentle introduction? All previous attendees please feel free to comment...

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Ah ok thanks. Says I can take a well behaved dog... is it suitable as festivals go for a mutt in your opinion? Not been to a festival before... is this a good gentle introduction? All previous attendees please feel free to comment...
Sorry as mentioned in the first post - dogs not allowed at Jurassic Fields Festival was the last update we had - not many festivals do allow dogs due to either the rules of the land they are on or the high volume of people expected.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back