OP
Ralph-n-Bev
Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
G

Goodness me, I could live off of that for a month. :LOL: Thats way OTT for me.
There’s a bottle of prosseco and a couple of brandies and 3 courses for two people think on there .
I think that’s good for a lovely meal out .

But I shop at Aldi and Lidl when we’re at home and I know £85 goes a long way in there , so I guess I get where your coming from.
It’s nice to have it cooked for you , for a change sometimes.

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
There’s a bottle of prosseco and a couple of brandies and 3 courses for two people think on there .
I think that’s good for a lovely meal out .

But I shop at Aldi and Lidl when we’re at home and I know £85 goes a long way in there , so I guess I get where your coming from.
It’s nice to have it cooked for you , for a change sometimes.
Bev and Ralph thanks for a lovely thread , lovely photos , great info on places to visit and eat and humour too.
We've loved reading it all and thanks for taking the time to post for us who haven't done the trip before.
Like you when on holiday we like to eat out and enjoy local food and restaurants as a treat.
Safe travels home!and so glad your back held out.:dance:

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Bev, I too have enjoyed this thread and made we want to go on a trip up there again myself. If only we could be guaranteed at least halfway decent weather and few midgies!!!

Thanks for going to the trouble to post and happy birthday to Ralph.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Thank you for taking the time to post this very interesting & informative thread.
I hope I can find it again when needed for future reference.

And:

OP
OP
Ralph-n-Bev
Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
We’re on the road home now . It’s a lovely sunny albeit chilly day in Moffat and we both wish we could stay longer . But it’s a lovely day for a 3 hour drive ...
Thanks for Ralph’s Birthday wishes too .
We’re back up to Moffat for Boxing Day over New Year so only a few weeks !!!!

Baileysbus

Free Member
Aug 2, 2016
Fife
Funster No
Exp
Start of 2016
Really enjoyed your thread. Thanks for posting such great pictures. We’ll definitely be heading to the Hebrides next year (y)

OP
OP
Ralph-n-Bev
Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Well thanks for all the nice comments everyone.
We’ve arrived home safely later than planned as the A66 was closed at Penrith . The detour added just over an hour to our journey . Then we called into see Ralph’s mum on the way home , for an hour as we’d promised to , before the closed Motorway delay.
Anyway we’ve had tea and both had a nice long bath.
Something we both always look forward to when getting home. Showering is ok , but you can’t beat a nice long hot soak .

Can you believe it , over the last 18 days , Ralph’s actually lost weight and I’ve put on 10lb ! :Eeek:

Bloody typical :swear2:

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Another thanks from us. Great thread and photos. Wheres your next Scotland trip gonna be? Excluding Moffat at New Year.

OP
OP
Ralph-n-Bev
Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Another thanks from us. Great thread and photos. Wheres your next Scotland trip gonna be? Excluding Moffat at New Year.

We are thinking about trying Scotland ( don’t know where yet ) in the wintertime , February maybe. Just for a week , so it’ll be the mainland somewhere. Or we thought June for a couple of weeks.

We were going to go to Harris and Lewis the end of next year , but we are now going to Iceland in November 2019.
Not in Pug though, on a cruise.
We will visit TorsHaven on Faroe Islands, Reykjavik , akureyri in Iceland and Kirkwall on Orkney islands. So that should be fun.
Hopefully we will get to see the Northern lights too.
It’s only a small ship so it’ll be good, we hope.

Jan 31, 2016
Halifax
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 9097F
Exp
June 2016
All the islands are nice but in our opinion Harris and Lewis are the best .
Next year we are just going to do our yearly trip there .
Can I be cheeky and ask how much the ferries were?
Also what are the roads like for larger Motorhomes?

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Sorry never realised it was Ralphs birthday.
Belated.jpeg

May 13, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
eight years in theory, a newby in practice!!!
We are thinking about trying Scotland ( don’t know where yet ) in the wintertime , February maybe. Just for a week , so it’ll be the mainland somewhere. Or we thought June for a couple of weeks.

We were going to go to Harris and Lewis the end of next year , but we are now going to Iceland in November 2019.
Not in Pug though, on a cruise.
We will visit TorsHaven on Faroe Islands, Reykjavik , akureyri in Iceland and Kirkwall on Orkney islands. So that should be fun.
Hopefully we will get to see the Northern lights too.
It’s only a small ship so it’ll be good, we hope.
Loved this thread thanks for posting.
Better remember your seasick pills as the wind the Outer Hebrides get originates in Iceland:LOL:

OP
OP
Ralph-n-Bev
Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Can I be cheeky and ask how much the ferries were?
Also what are the roads like for larger Motorhomes?

No problems ,
The ferries cost a total of £270 for a van up to 8m. We went on 4 ferry trips in total , two of them were the longest crossings available to and from the mainland to the islands .

Btw out of a matter of interest
In the 18 days we were away , we only had hook up for two days , back at moffat on the mainland .
That was only because we didn’t get it cheaper without !
We don’t need it and it bugs us paying for it .
Ralph says to say that his new battery to battery charger ( redarc BCDC 1240) worked amazingly . Far better than the Stirling alternative that he had previously .

OP
OP
Ralph-n-Bev
Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Oh I forgot to say @Jagtazman you can book the ferries in advance , then cancel if you want to stay somewhere a bit longer . Without incurring extra costs .
We did that a couple of times this trip . If you don’t book you sometimes can’t get on . Though to be honest we’ve always been squeezed on in the past . But a few locals told us the ferries we’re getting busier with tourists and they annoyingly , struggled to get off the islands , at various times of the year .

ymfb

Free Member
Jun 16, 2017
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham
Exp
Since 2009
If you had dared park in Jarrow (south side of Tyne) you could have walked through the foot tunnel under the Tyne,
I do remember my grandad bringing up coal from a beach called the Blast just south of Seaham many years ago when they lived in Easington.
It looks like you two have found some super places keep the pics coming,
Keep the nets on your heads we are still getting rid of the effects of bites over 2 months later.
The coal washing plant near Easington was called Ellington South, I worked there as a contractor a few times in the late 80’s early 90’s, I’m sure the tailings (waste) went by overhead elevator to be dumped at sea.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back