High value vehicle insurance? (1 Viewer)

Delboyarapaho

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 17, 2013
Herts UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago Liner for T
Exp
Since 2013
High all. Would those who own high value vehicles (I guess they are the Morello and Concorde owners) say who they managed to get insurance with please and rough premiums? I am looking at a Liner for two on an Iveco chassis and the insurance is more than I was expecting.

many thanks

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
High all. Would those who own high value vehicles (I guess they are the Morello and Concorde owners) say who they managed to get insurance with please and rough premiums? I am looking at a Liner for two on an Iveco chassis and the insurance is more than I was expecting.

many thanks

I would be interested in the answer to this question for models from those and similar constructors, but maybe also their smaller models not Liners.

For OP, have you tried asking dealers/manufacturers, because they must have an interest in the answer as without available insurance there is no sale.

Geoff

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp

many thanks

Speak with Natalie at NFU's Louth branch as she covers high end motorhomes but, like anything in the insurance world your post code will drive the final price.

Comfort Insurance is another option but it only goes up to £225,000 so it can't cover the Morelo and Concorde units.

Good luck

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
I was surprised at the cost of insurance, compared to the vehicle value of my motorhome and what I was paying for my company vans it doesn’t look to bad, also this is my first van so no experience.

With NFU you also get a new motorhome replacement for the first 2 years should it get stolen or written off😁

Try Clare at NFU Chichester very helpful and efficient.

OP
OP
Delboyarapaho

Delboyarapaho

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 17, 2013
Herts UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago Liner for T
Exp
Since 2013
I would be interested in the answer to this question for models from those and similar constructors, but maybe also their smaller models not Liners.

For OP, have you tried asking dealers/manufacturers, because they must have an interest in the answer as without available insurance there is no sale.

Geoff
Hi Geoff. Ironically two dealers told me to go to NFU who have declined to quote due to the value and that I don’t have any other policies with them

OP
OP
Delboyarapaho

Delboyarapaho

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 17, 2013
Herts UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago Liner for T
Exp
Since 2013
Speak with Natalie at NFU's Louth branch as she covers high end motorhomes but, like anything in the insurance world your post code will drive the final price.

Comfort Insurance is another option but it only goes up to £225,000 so it can't cover the Morelo and Concorde units.

Good luck
Thanks my local NFU have declined to quote so I guess that decision was made centrally so I won’t waste Natalie’s time but thanks anyway. Had a quote from comfort who I am currently with

BishBosh

Free Member
Sep 1, 2019
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Upgrades!!! of course
I had a long job going through many insurance companies and ended up with Adrian Flux. £1200 on £170k Frankia. Might be helpful….Includes breakdown and legal cover as well as 9 yrs NCB protection. They wanted a lot of detail to get the quote but was worth it compared to others, nearest equivalent NFU quote was £1700 for reference. Also important was the £75 excess for the windscreen.

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
NFU who have declined to quote due to the value and that I don’t have any other policies with them
I never had any policies with them but said I would give them a go on my rental insurance when it’s due so they gave me a quote as nobody else would quote due to the value.
Gave NFU a call when the rentals were up for renewal but not holding out much hope as I had tried them for my Amarok pick-up insurance and they were miles to high.
Quote came back better than my current broker so took out a policy for the rentals with them.

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Thanks my local NFU have declined to quote so I guess that decision was made centrally so I won’t waste Natalie’s time but thanks anyway. Had a quote from comfort who I am currently with

Hi there,

It doesn't work like that with NFU (independent franchises) so give Natalie a call in the morning. The Louth branch is the one used for high value vans such as Morelo and Concorde so they'll be are aware of your expectations.

My local NFU were as much use as a chocolate teapot but Louth were an entirely different experience.

For info, we had no other policies with NFU.

All the best,

Andrew

OP
OP
Delboyarapaho

Delboyarapaho

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 17, 2013
Herts UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago Liner for T
Exp
Since 2013
Hi there,

It doesn't work like that with NFU (independent franchises) so give Natalie a call in the morning. The Louth branch is the one used for high value vans such as Morelo and Concorde so they'll be are aware of your expectations.

My local NFU were as much use as a chocolate teapot but Louth were an entirely different experience.

For info, we had no other policies with NFU.

All the best,

Andrew
Ok didn’t realise that I will give her a call then

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Ok didn’t realise that I will give her a call then

Yes, it's a bit confusing but it was the Liner owners on FUN who advised me originally.

Our original quote came without the need for an alarm of tracker being fitted but if we had added such items then it went down by £300.

Have a good call tomorrow :cool:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back