Free Member
Mar 25, 2009
Malvern, Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
GreatBig Bugger
Exp
Link Removed

Just bought a B grade stock one. There are very good reviews, thought it may be good on sites, we will see.

I've been looking too. There's a site solwise.co.uk who sell a small 3g adapter wifi router for less than £60. They're about to have a delivery (the 20th i think) of a new router that takes an external aerial. They also have some interesting info about aerials on their site. I don't know if you will gain much with a directional aerial inside a van as its usually the fabric of the van that reduces your pickup. You have to ask yourself, why is there a B grade one available. Maplins a good company, but sometimes they do sell gimmicky stuff. I hope it works fine for you.
ATB
DaveT :thumb:

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
:Cool: I've been using the Parkervison Signalmax that works up to a mile for the last 4 years:-

Link Removed

Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

mulaz

Free Member
Apr 14, 2009
Durham
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
3 years
£9.99p version?

Or you could try one for less than a £10 if you have a bit of time , It's also great have fun? ::bigsmile:
paulpix.jpg

i have made and also bought a few from Active cantenas to yagi 25ft pole types costing from £5 to £100+
i have found that the cheap diy stuff is more fun
It also it all depends how for you want to capture from?.
More info Link Removed:thumb:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
I bought one about 5 months ago .. brilliant bit of kit.. using it now, signal strength is about 40% .. 200 mt from wifi with buildings blocking line of sight .. no signal without .. :thumb:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Link Removed

Just bought a B grade stock one. There are very good reviews, thought it may be good on sites, we will see.

It works very well.

Here on test - laptop saw 2 WiFis, plug in Hawking, now 5 WiFis.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back