Hifly tyres - anyone got and experience with them ? (1 Viewer)

Norton

Free Member
Dec 1, 2019
Funster No
MH
Burstner elegance
Exp
We’re newbies - first motorhome
Hi all - we’re buying our first MH and part of the deal was to replace the old Michelin camper tyres (10 years old but only done 14000 miles)

We’re being offered Hifly all transit tyres - load factor 121, 10ply and all season with M&S and three peak mountain markings on - we plan extensive travelling throughout Europe both winter and summer - van is a Burstner elegance on a Tag axle.

Anyone got experience of these tyres and will they comply with winter/summer tyre legislation in Euro countries that apply it ?

OP
OP
N

Norton

Free Member
Dec 1, 2019
Funster No
MH
Burstner elegance
Exp
We’re newbies - first motorhome
Thanks Aba - yes on paper they look up to spec but I can’t find much in the way of reviews etc for them and wondering if I should just come to a deal with the dealer to put on Michelin’s or Conti’s and pay the difference.......

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Cheshirecat57

Free Member
Feb 3, 2018
Mid Cheshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years on and off
Chinese
Made by Shandong who make lots of tyres

Personally, I dont use cheap tyres, but its a personal choice as ever

Why did you buy a Burstner when Driftwood-Home-Conversions would have been cheaper?

Upvote 0

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
He had 4 Hifly tyres fitted to our Swift motorhome a few years ago. We kept the van 2 years, put 20000 miles on the tyres and when we sold it they looked as new. Couldn’t fault them at all, they were quiet and gripped well enough for us on snow through the Pyrenees. I think there’s lots of snobbery about tyres. They worked well for us and I’m sure they will work well for you. Our Swift was 3500kg.

if they have the 3 peaks snowflake, they will comply with all countries that require them , but take snowchains too!

Upvote 0
Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Spain + Abu Dhabi
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
Hi,

I prefer to buy either Top Brand European, Korean or American Tyres.

Put it this way. However many tyres you run on, from two upwards. Put the palms of your hand up in the air. Thats about the size of the patch of each tyre that sits on the tarmac at any one nano second.

Then consider that you may have upwards of 3 tons of motorhome sat on those 4 + palms. Traveling at 60mph plus!.

And in the whole grand scheme of things, many people will spend thousands of £'s on accessories and spend very little money on decent tyres.

Never ever skimp on tyres.

Upvote 0
Jul 18, 2009
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
Thanks Aba - yes on paper they look up to spec but I can’t find much in the way of reviews etc for them and wondering if I should just come to a deal with the dealer to put on Michelin’s or Conti’s and pay the difference.......

Upvote 0
Jul 18, 2009
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
Hi all - we’re buying our first MH and part of the deal was to replace the old Michelin camper tyres (10 years old but only done 14000 miles)

We’re being offered Hifly all transit tyres - load factor 121, 10ply and all season with M&S and three peak mountain markings on - we plan extensive travelling throughout Europe both winter and summer - van is a Burstner elegance on a Tag axle.

Anyone got experience of these tyres and will they comply with winter/summer tyre legislation in Euro countries that apply it ?

What size are you looking for?

Upvote 0

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Yes we have had them on for two years now very pleased with them nice ride and low level road noise. We were recommended them by. Boycey
No complaints from us we are pleased we them.

Upvote 0
Sep 25, 2012
West Cornwall
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
13 Years, 20 years with a caravan
I've used them for the last 4 years and will replace with same tyre. I had the 4 fitted for £240. I've had no problems with them so for me it was a no brainer.
As van is 3850kg.
Phil.

Upvote 0
Sep 25, 2012
West Cornwall
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
13 Years, 20 years with a caravan
Yes we have had them on for two years now very pleased with them nice ride and low level road noise. We were recommended them by. Boycey
No complaints from us we are pleased we them.
Hi you two.
Hope your both keeping well. We are currently living,loving,pissing it up in goa.
Nicki and Phil

Upvote 0
Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
I used to work for a major Italian tyre manufacturer, their budget range tyres contained more chalk dust and nylon than rubber, big name doesn't always mean best. Word of mouth on here is a better option than marketing blurb.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back