Hiding cables in cab - 09 Ford Transit (1 Viewer)

cellojane

Free Member
Oct 6, 2009
Leicester
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Hi MHers!
We're trying to fit a reversing camera (windscreen mirror mounted monitor) to our MH with the help of electrically competent father-in-law. Everything is going fine except we are not sure how to route the cabling from the mirror mounted monitor to behind the drivers seat. It's a Chausson flash s3 with the bed above the cab which you can lift up part way when stationary. Any ideas how the Ford transit cab inside roof fascia comes off anyone? I figure that one of you out there must have removed it at sometime!
Thanks in advance for your thoughts!
Jane

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
sorry cant help with removal but if it doesnt come off without damage you can buy small plastic cable clips with self adhesive backing pads.

not the prettiest things but keeps the wires out the way.

stick them at the top of the windscreen and down the side to the dash

ips

Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Have always camped, caravaned or had boats. Now in our second year with the motorhome.
Hi
I fitted same type of camera to our FLASH 04 not sure if your cab is exactly the same (I suspect not) as ours however if it is then it has a black plastic headliner and it is easy to tuck the cable behind this then along the windscreen and then tuck it behind the top drivers door trim finally down the plastic trim behind the drivers door then your sorted if like mine there is a locker behind the drivers seat with all the 12V electrics in.
Hope thats of help.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
cellojane

cellojane

Free Member
Oct 6, 2009
Leicester
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Hi
I fitted same type of camera to our FLASH 04 not sure if your cab is exactly the same (I suspect not) as ours however if it is then it has a black plastic headliner and it is easy to tuck the cable behind this then along the windscreen and then tuck it behind the top drivers door trim finally down the plastic trim behind the drivers door then your sorted if like mine there is a locker behind the drivers seat with all the 12V electrics in.
Hope thats of help.

Thanks ips but they must be different because ours lacks any headliner just a tough plastic moulding down to the windscreen.
jane

ips

Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Have always camped, caravaned or had boats. Now in our second year with the motorhome.
Just seen one at dealer whilst getting gas its the same as mine a plastic thing, you can tuck cable behind as i said very easily

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back