May 23, 2010
Leicester
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 mins
Hi Peter

The requirements For C1 is the same as C (up to 32tons and eight wheels) therefore the same cost and test, whilst any one can go for a C1 they can now go straight for a C at the age of 18, so I see little point in any one going for C1, our C1 has very little training done with it now.

First thing people need to do is have a medical for a provisional vocational driving licence, this medical is very basic see with or without your glasses breath without a heart murmer hopefully have some blood pressure not too much or little and a urine check for diabetes.
Diabetes or Blood pressure does not automatically rule people out of obtaining a provisional.

Then they have to do theory and hazard perception test plus if they ever think they might want to use their licence commercially they will have to also complete a CPC part two. (this can be done later if they decide at a later date they want to use the licence commercially)

Next is the practical training an intensive block course with their test on the last day. Again if the licence is to be used commercially ther is another test the CPC Part 4.

All of the above we do in house hand holding clients through the whole procsess.

All above starting with the medical ending with the test including VAT and test fees (up to £280 test fees) from £1100.00 - £1600.00

As no two people are the same and not every one does all of the training (they go it alone on theory etc) it means the cost will differ some people will want more time in a truck than others prior to test that is why we do an assessment.

Hope this gives you an idea, I am Training theoy hazard perception and CPC part two Tuesday and Wednesday so I won't be available until Thursday but if you are free I can call you and clarify every thing, such as what do they need to tow a toad. Whole new set of regs.

All the best Rick.

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
I said you would not end up with just an RV

Ah but Bob I said hidden costs ones I hadn't thought about.......you see I thought about:

The Satalite dome £1800.00
In total with that nice safari room the cadac and a few other bits and pieces I spent £1200.00 at Sheptonn can't remember what I spent at Malvern.
Wasn't ready for new batteries £200.00.

Oh and I have got to change that alarm only £165.00 lol.

Still I am sure I can think of somthing else I erm NEED before we go again.

It is so heart warming to know that I am not on my own........I was begining to fink I was a bit fick not finkin about otha cost's:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

All the best Rick:thumb:

Rick, this is just the start...you wait and see. We have all said that is it, I have it all and spending no more..yea..I said that.. never happens, always need something more..

Now I want led down lights under the van for use on the site.. more money to Maplin I expect...

Bought the folding bucket yet? Ezzie loves it, but it is a bitch that it can collapse so easy when full of water... oh well that is life.. bucket is full one minute and empty the next.:shout:

Have a good one as our American friends say.

Bob:thumb:

OP
OP
motor roamin

motor roamin

Funster
May 23, 2010
Leicester
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 mins
Bob check the price of LED lights at JM at the shows he's pretty keen on price.

All the best Rick

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
It all comes down to what you want rather than need :ROFLMAO::thumb:
This year we have not used the van in the same way as we did 2 years before due to family circumstances changing.IE away for a couple of 3 week hols and a good few 10 days ish followed by a few 3/4 nighters -- now we are doing mostly 2 / 3 nights away with grandson on board :RollEyes::thumb:
We have just taken out a couple of wind breaks that have not been used once this year or last. Next to go may well be the roof box as this only contains the jack, spare wheel and 2 chairs which we could well do with going back to our fold up in the bag type chairs :thumb: thus saving around 4 mpg :thumb::Eeek:Is it wasted money ? :Doh: now it may be but at the time it was not :ROFLMAO: as we used them :thumb:
Different subject in a way - has anyone got a sheet metal bending tool that they could post a couple of pics of ? Thinking/Hoping to make a back box instead of the roof box to house the reclining chairs :ROFLMAO:They look pretty simple to make 1 but never seen one so not paying £70 plus for a sheet metal folder unless I have to -- again want rather than need :ROFLMAO:
terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Terry you just want another toy to add to the collection ::bigsmile:

Peter
:ROFLMAO: Yeah you are probably right :ROFLMAO: I keep intending to clear out the garage :thumb: but unfortunately just keep adding more junk :winky:
NOTE to self have a ebay sale :thumb::ROFLMAO:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
Yes will do

Bob check the price of LED lights at JM at the shows he's pretty keen on price.

All the best Rick

Going to have a look at Lincoln.. there is no mad rush, just one of those jobs that would be nice... but I do not want to spend and arm and leg:Blush: on it.

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
our LED lights cost £10 a throw that included the adapter needed, done the main ones (that are used most) and will work on the others over time but am keeping all the bulbs im taking out safe cos if i change the van at some point in the future they are going back in - we have 18 inside the unit and 2 outside with 2 in the front locker

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Going to have a look at Lincoln.. there is no mad rush, just one of those jobs that would be nice... but I do not want to spend and arm and leg:Blush: on it.

Do you run out of power now ? Again I think it is a case of wanting rather needing :ROFLMAO:
terry

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
fully agree

our LED lights cost £10 a throw that included the adapter needed, done the main ones (that are used most) and will work on the others over time but am keeping all the bulbs im taking out safe cos if i change the van at some point in the future they are going back in - we have 18 inside the unit and 2 outside with 2 in the front locker

I have 16 LED's now on the RV.. that is a big investment, like you I would switch them back to the old bulbs when I pass the RV on in the future.

I want some down lights under the RV on the awning side.. a couple of 1 mtr strips (well 3 I need) may do blue or white... tap it in to the outside awning light with an overide switch. Maplin has some, but I will look at Lincoln and see if there are any other suitable ones for sale... not urgent just a do it if I have time.

But I am glad I did the inside lights with the LED, saves a lot of power on the batteries.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back