Free Member
Jun 6, 2011
Somerset
Funster No
MH
don't own yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
I don't currently have a motorhome but I'm looking to purchase a reasonable secondhand one sometime in the future and I suppose this is really research as I'm clueless at the moment.

Probably won't be asking many questions yet as I'm too new even for that but reading posts and building up some idea of what I want.

Thanks in advance for all the wonderful free advice I hope to find here.:thumb:

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Hi and welcome to fun

We're just back from the stratford upon avon meet that was absolutely fab and met funsters old and new

If you are looking to buy I am sure Jim will post a link to the very informative book/checklist that is available to buy.

Ask any questions someone is sure to give you a very sensible and helpful answer.

WELCOME xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx HAVE FUN

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Bonzo, welcome to the Fun, Research is good, don't rush into buying, lots of people make a mistake when they buy their first van and then soon discover in use that it's not the van for them. The subsequent selling and buying again can be costly. Checkout the buyers guide in my signature:thumb:

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Hi

Welcome to MH Fun

Some good advice given by Jim above.

Best of luck

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
hi and welcome to the fun. experience has shown that most people get it right by the third van. Well this forum could help or confuse you. As there are as many different opinions and "Perfect" vans as there are members. As already suggested the motorhome buyers guide is a wise investment that is certain to save you money. (See Jim's signature for details)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
Hi and welcome.
Like most of us, you will find all the info you need on here, tempered with just the right amount of lunacy.

OP
OP
B

bonzo banana

Free Member
Jun 6, 2011
Somerset
Funster No
MH
don't own yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
Much appreciatte the warm welcome.

Budget will be quite low sadly as its pure self indulgence and also I don't think I actually want anything too presentable, just something that blends in and doesn't look too good or too bad. Certainly nothing close to new. I just want an amazing mobilehome that is incredibly reliable for next to no money. Somewhere between £4,000 to £10,000. I'm not buying now though I can't imagine being on the road until next summer.

I was surprised to see how many Fiat based motorhomes there are. I'm sure there are a zillion threads on the issue but I'm used to Fiat being described as 'Fix It Again Tomorrow' and would of thought they would be avoided for motorhomes. I came in thinking that Sprinters would be the ideal motorhome but many disagree. The older Mercedes before the Sprinters seem to have a great reputation.

This would be the sort of size I'm after;

Link Removed

With a bike rack at the back.

geoff1947

Free Member
May 20, 2008
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
10 yrs
hello

A lot depends on what you want to do and where you want to go! When I left the Army 6 yrs ago my wife and I spent a year in a panel van (Timberland Freedom) touring the UK then did the France, Italy and ended up in Spain for the winter. Excellent for touring but bit cramped if staying for few months as we did in Spain We have now gone for an Auto Sleeper as not travelling as far but sometimes wish I had kept the panel van esp for the narrow lane in Cornwall & Devon etc Do your research well and good luck:RollEyes:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi and welcome :thumb: keep up your research but do not worry to much about whats underneath they are all based on commercial vans so reliability is not a problem or delivery firms etc would shun them :ROFLMAO:Layout is the most important thing :thumb:
terry

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back