Hi (1 Viewer)

KeithandMand

Free Member
Nov 3, 2021
Funster No
MH
Elddis Sunseeker 130
Hi all, a bit premature maybe as we don't pick up our first motorhome until the 26th of this month but we are mega excited! We have just sold our static caravan and we have chose a 2011 Elddis Sunseeker 130.
We have no accessories atm and the first bit of advice I would appreciate is what essentials should we pick up?
Thanks in anticipation.
Mandy & Keith

Realist

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 4, 2018
Wales last time I checked.
Funster No
MH
Caravan: Buccaneer
Exp
Caravan before 2000 / Motorhome From 2018 to 22 / Now Caravan again.
Welcome and Rome wasn’t built in one day so you will sort it anyway, you already have bits from your caravan so your already a head start.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Hello and welcome to Fun. My advice would be to understand how your going to use your motorhome going forward. If your going to be doing a lot of wilding then one of the the first thing's I would do is get a shed load of solar and a decent sized battery bank. After that consider your heating needs and fitting a simple external filler point for your gas bottles so you can supply extra gas via an external bottle and pipe.
Loads of advice to be had on here and members will spend your money like there's no tomorrow so choose wisely. Safe Travels.

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
Welcome to the joys of motorhoming.
Take it slowly. Get as little as possible - you will soon discover what you need.. Research payload.

AndyPK

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 7, 2015
Cirencester
Funster No
MH
None……..!
Exp
Motorhoming since 2015......
Welcome from Tewkesbury (atm!) (y)

Don’t buy anything until after your first trip would be my advice…..but make sure you have a hook-up lead! ;)

phillipsheila

Free Member
Jun 23, 2020
Swansea, Wales, UK
Funster No
MH
autotrail 660se
Exp
since 2000. 18 motorhomes and counting
Season 5 Hello GIF by The Simpsons

Jun 8, 2019
Bexley Kent
Funster No
MH
Given up Motorhoming
Exp
May 2019
Greetings peeps welcome from Bexley

Never mind the essentials. Take extra time on the hand over. You will forget most of what the salesman tells you as you will be so excited that it will go in one ear and out the other. So as soon as he starts talking get the wife to put her finger in one of your ears. This might help retain some of the instructions on how to operate the bits and bobs.
Ask him how to prep the van for the winter. How to drain ALL the water out. Good luck

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
What essential accessories? Other than the obvious bits for inside, save your money till you have used the van once or twice. The vast majority of owners have a few of those "must buy" accessories sat in their shed virtually unused. We all do it and get stuff that looks like just what we need, but then for reasons of storage, weight or usability, never sees the light of day. Awnings, outdoor chairs and barbeques seem to be top of most lists of stuff left at home

Jan 23, 2016
Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 660SP
Exp
25 years
Greetings from Cardiff.

What to pre buy? 95% of what I thought I might need is still gathering dust.

100% of what I needed I didn't have!

Welcome to the joys of motorhoming.
Take it slowly. Get as little as possible - you will soon discover what you need.. Research payload.

+1 Start with short trips, stay close to home or civilization, keep a note pad of what you find you miss need, review once home to check you really needed. Payload1 !

Welcome from Tewkesbury (atm!) (y)

Don’t buy anything until after your first trip would be my advice…..but make sure you have a hook-up lead! ;)

I like don't buy anything, refer to my post above! I didn't and had to pay an extortionate price from the campsite.
Greetings peeps welcome from Bexley

Never mind the essentials. Take extra time on the hand over. You will forget most of what the salesman tells you as you will be so excited that it will go in one ear and out the other. So as soon as he starts talking get the wife to put her finger in one of your ears. This might help retain some of the instructions on how to operate the bits and bobs.
Ask him how to prep the van for the winter. How to drain ALL the water out. Good luck

Video it all or at least the key points of hoy the heating/water/electrics work.

Check the 'Classifieds' here I may offer my box of things I bought that have never been used! :roflmto:

Somethings I thought would be essential but hadn't bought, Hydraulic Jack, Axle Stands and Industrial Wheel Brace but I did already have a spare wheel and tyre.

When I had a blow out, I watched the AA man in action and realised that I would not have been capable of changing the wheel.

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Hello and welcome from West Midlands. 👍

Wyn