Free Member
Sep 3, 2021
Cornwall, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7099F
Exp
Since 2010
Hi, I’m Rita & my husband is Ron. We usually travel to Europe in our Motorhome, just deciding on a whim where to stay, often using Aires, Vineyards or favourite wild camping spots. We take our laptops as we are fortunate enough to work from home (wherever that happens to be).Our last European trip was for 6 weeks in 2019 to Italy. Like so many we are planning to stay in the UK this year. We have been wary about venturing in to crowded areas as have largely been keeping ourselves to ourselves. We have had a few trips local to us in Cornwall & the South West, staying on small sites as we are fully self sufficient. We are now planning to venture North to visit the Outer Hebrides, a place we've always wanted to visit. We feel we need to plan a bit more than we usually do and book ahead, I came across the Forum whilst doing some research. Ron has enjoyed Motorhome Fun Magazine for some time and shares it with me but he’s not great on social media or Forums, so here I am! I enjoy browsing through previous posts but thought I should join properly and as suggested by Jim, introduce myself. Any tips for travelling to Scotland and Outer Hebrides in particular most welcome. Stay safe all

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
Hello and welcome,

We are up in the borders at the moment and the sun has just made a wonderful welcome appearance... 😁😁

A good overnight CL stop close to motorway is in Caton, £8, easy access and short walk to pub, coop and garage for fuel at sensible prices.

Ejaydee

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2018
Penzance in (usually) sunny Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Roller Team T 590
Exp
Since retiring
Hello Rita from another Funster in Cornwall (Penzance).

There are several Funsters located in this part of the world. Enjoy your trip north, although I have been many times in the past, to all parts of Scotland, including the Hebrides and Shetland, so far I have not got north of the borders in a motorhome (we should have done the NC500 last year, but you know what happened to stop it).

AndyPK

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 7, 2015
Cirencester
Funster No
MH
None……..!
Exp
Motorhoming since 2015......
Welcome from the sunny Cotswolds! :cool: (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 8, 2019
Bexley Kent
Funster No
MH
Given up Motorhoming
Exp
May 2019
Greetings peeps welcome from Bexley

Feb 5, 2020
Crosby
Funster No
MH
Smileo 202
Exp
Was a Newbie but getting the hang of it now.
Greetings Hello GIF by GIPHY Studios Originals
from Merseyside. There are loads of people on here to give you hints and tips. Some of them even live up that way! !😊

May be worth writing a separate thread asking for help.

Enjoy and stay safe.

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi & Welcome Rita & Ron , from another Cornwall resident ( Gorran Haven) , like you only done local THS's & one with motorhomefun in Dorset + Malvern show.
We can't wait too get back to France and it's aires.
1631111487848.png

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back