Free Member
Jan 13, 2014
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Hi top
Exp
Just joined.
Third motorhome .... sorry forth, my first ever vehicle was a transit MK1 caravanette and at 17 and pre-seatbelts I could take all my friends out at one go ! had 13 in it once ...never to be repeated.
Also had a baboon get through the plastic vent in the raising roof while in a safari park ..... it blew off on the motorway and I thought it was too small for anything to get through .... how wrong I was. Brothers and sisters in the back were not to happy though !!! Luckily he never came right through - oh how I can laugh about it now.
Anyway 30 years passed then it started all over again and a Transit MK3 Autosleeper Flair beckoned. Loved the van ...but no bathroom. I had no problem using the porta potti (great just inside the rear door on the floor) - just about the right height too and the doors offer privacy when backed up against a wall .... unfortunately my wife didn't agree so it had to go.
Then a Swift sundance 520 with a proper bathroom and a full dinette. Small yet very useful, but the bed wasn't practical and I missed being able to just put my feet up. So that went to a lovely couple who I hope are having a great time in it.
So to the present one......we took the plunge and bought new, well what the heck you only live once and you cannot take your money with you. So now we are in hock for a few years till we pay it off. Its a Swift 644 so has a rear lounge and a front dinette so we can leave the bed up if we want. Not yet given it a good trip yet - but off to Denmark shortly to give it a good run.
Hope to catch up with you at some of the meets but first it needs an alarm (Vanbitz here we come) and a beeny box - it really needs an external locker for all the bits - otherwise than that its perfect.
Cheers to all

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi and welcome to fun, I look forward to reading your holiday report on Denmark.

Sep 12, 2012
Wengen
Funster No
MH
A/S Broadway EL 2021
Exp
Since 2010
Welcome :Smile: I've never had a baboon blow off the roof of my motorhome - respect! :winky:

UK Pete

Free Member
Jan 16, 2014
kent
Funster No
MH
Renault van conversion
Exp
on/off since 1991in campervanss
welcome, Vincemacca
pete

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi Vinvemacca & Welcome from a wet Isle of Wight
:rain: Ann & Terry:rain:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

themogs

Free Member
Oct 23, 2012
Wales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Not Long Enough.
:flyingwelcome:
:welcomefunster::party2::welcomefunster:

Kryten

Free Member
Jan 18, 2014
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie but did own one in 2003. Been into camping for many years.
Hi there Vincemacca, :welcome:

Am new here too. :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back