dave916sp

Free Member
Mar 3, 2011
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
We are David and Carol Bowen, we have owned our Cheyenne for about five years now and have travelled mostly around the UK, and more often where sites have either a pond or quite close to fishing facilities.
We have often thought of trying our luck Europe but unfortunately our old pooch Katie doesn't have a pet passport so it will be the UK for a while unless we can convince my oldest daughter to have the dog for a few weeks ( I know sad isn't it ).
Anyways this is the first forum I have joined hoping to get some new ideas and hopefully some insight into places to go and see.

later!

David

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Hi David

Welcome to MH Fun:welcome:

Have you ever thought of going north to Scotland, plenty of water there dog friendly no passport needed. The only down sides midges but if you avoid June to Sept you are normally OK.

Dave .:thumb::thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

normanandsue

Free Member
Dec 31, 2010
Dunfermline - Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
Hi David and Carol! I am a newbie too but I have found some great help through the site and loads of advice.
Don't be afraid to admit you don't know - there are plenty of people on this site who do.
No problem too small too large or too silly.

OP
OP
D

dave916sp

Free Member
Mar 3, 2011
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp

Thanks for being so welcoming, the one and only trip we made to Scotland was last year, we went from Blamoral up to Nairn and back down again to a small place called Kilin, we loved it and would love to spend more time up there, but were kinda restricted to Camping and Caravan sites, I'm sure there must be sites equally as good and not so quite expensive!

Hope to see you out there one day

David

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Don't restrict yourselves to the CC club sites, there are plenty of cheaper sites , local authority sites are good value and quality. We have used plenty of commercial sites these can also be good value, its just a case of looking.
You can even wild camp it's just a case of being careful, and perfectly legal north of the boarder as long as it does not say no camping.

Don't give up

Dave .:thumb::thumb:

Sep 25, 2009
south yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2004. Tugger 10 years on and off
Hi Dave & Carole. welcome to a good forum.I am pretty new on here,But you will find plenty of help & ideas on here.:thumb::bigsmile:ave.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
We are David and Carol Bowen, we have owned our Cheyenne for about five years now
David

Never mind the MH do you have a 916SP ?

And your daughter, the conversation goes like this......"We're just tidying things up and going to make our wills, we're leaving everything to a dogs home, no only joking, ha, ha, ha, oh by the way would you have the dog for a few weeks while we hit Europe ?"

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
Hi, Dave &Carole we too have an Autotrail and are off on Sunday to Garlieston Lodge near Wigtown , Dumfries for a week. It's a lovely quiet site with its own small lake filled with trout which you can fish-for. They also breed black pigs and you can buy the meat from them. In the village there is a Spar shop/ p.o. and the local pub does very reasonably priced meals. The site is affiliated to the C.C.C and also there is a C.C site nearby but this is bigger and (we think) not as quiet.
Hope this is of interest,
Cheers, Dave:thumb:
ps which part of sunny lancs are you?

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
hi and welcome