Hi there (1 Viewer)

Nov 9, 2019
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
None
My first post on any forum so please be patient... We are thinking of getting a compact motor home so are reading voraciously all the information and advice we can. It seems we may be falling in to the trap of buying a van that will allow us to take grandchildren when what we really need is a 2 berth home. If anyone can recommend a 2 berth van with 1 or 2 travel seats that is under 6 metres and has a rear lounge that would be great or maybe I am hoping for the impossible! Anyway off to trawl the other threads now and see if you have already set out the information. Ch

Apr 30, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
A/S Clubman
Hi and welcome . Try Dreamer living van very nice ,opps sorry just over 6 meter.

OP
OP
P
Nov 9, 2019
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
None
Thanks for suggestion I shall look it up

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
we may be falling in to the trap of buying a van that will allow us to take grandchildren

Been there, done that. Even put our daughter on the insurance. A complete waste of money. We did take them a few miles to a park once.

Our daughter had recently paid a fortune flying to France a hiring a car, so logically they could enjoy the MH. But no, we overlooked the cost of driving a motorhome to France but more important is the time, youngsters just don't have the time.

Feb 2, 2015
Shropshire, UK
Funster No
MH
A motorhome!
Exp
we are still learning

Welcome to the group. Dont be put off by a slightly bigger one! You just may enjoy it more?

Kev and Carolyn

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
I have had my IH tio 3 months now, rear lounge, my first own van. I did not that much research as we have had MH's in the family for donkey's years . Seen one liked it, two weeks later mine was on the drive. Best thing I have done for along time. The people I have met and the things I have seen in such a short time priceless. lighter pockets ,happier heart.
I've never been on a forum before - be careful it's addictive in a good way, but the knowledge and help is amazing.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Do you mean an additional one or 2 travel seats to the driver and passenger seats?

If so, mum insisted on that when we recently changed vans but in reality the extra seatbelt seats will be used once in a blue moon.

You could find a nice van for just the two of you and save it for your chill time away from the grandkids perhaps.

OP
OP
P
Nov 9, 2019
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
None
I was thinking of the seats in addition to the driver and passenger but am coming to your way of thinking that getting away is a more attractive option to having little people in attendance. The rear lounge is very attractive as it seems best option to allow my wife to go to bed whole I can read at the other end of the home without disturbing her. Any thoughts on a possible mh that might suit? Also are automatic boxes worthwhile, our car is automatic but research suggests mh automatics are clunky to say the least. Cheers

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
:hiya:
will you be buying new?
If not, then whether it is auto or manual is way down the list in your search criteria. We thought about having 4 travelling seats but then are there 4 beds.?

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
animated welcome group purple.gif

OP
OP
P
Nov 9, 2019
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
None
Probably new or maybe a year old. We think the "two ends" set up is a priority rather than the diner and cab and bed all lumped together. The elddis 120 seems to have an attractive set up but we are concerned as to build quality? Any thoughts and suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

Apr 30, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
A/S Clubman
Sorry no but having three La Strada vans in the past we were very impressed with the ingenuity of them plus the general build quality, sadly with ageing and less mobility we went for a fixed bed German brand , good look with your hunt.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back