NikkiB

Free Member
May 31, 2017
Northamptonshire
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
Hi everyone, I'm another newbie introducing myself! I'm Nicola or Nikki and have wanted a camper/MH since I can't remember when. A huge change in my circumstances has meant I am now able to follow my dream (albeit a little scary). I am selling my home and am looking to buy a MH from the sale and begin! I look forward to being part of this community :)

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Hello and welcome from West Midlands.

Wyn

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
welcome animated smiley3.gif

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
Welcome, Nikki. I don't mean to preach and I know it's an exciting time, especially with this grand weather, but be patient and don't be tempted to rush for a 'Manager's 3 day special offer' or the old chestnuts: "Decide without delay as it'll sell quickly at this time of year"....... or "There are several people interested......". etc., etc.
If you want any help/second opinions if you see something suitable post the details on here.

Last edited:
OP
OP
NikkiB

NikkiB

Free Member
May 31, 2017
Northamptonshire
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
Thanks for all the lovely welcomes! And thankyou spriddler for the advice, I will definitely bear it mind and second opinions will be greatly appreciated. I'm still waiting to exchange contracts on the house, so will be badgering you all for advise in the next month or so :)

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hi Nikki welcome, first I would say your best desision would to become a full member of Fun, that will give you as many posts as you want, otherwise you will just get the first 5 free. Well worth the £15 a year.
Ask questions which kind if motorhome will suit you, will you want a fixed bed or drop down bed, would you like a end kitchen or in the middle. Make sure you have room for your outside table and chairs and and all the other bits that make you comfortable. No matter how old/new you buy check it out for damp check your pay load, has it got solar panels, most of all ask questions.
:welcomesign:

OP
OP
NikkiB

NikkiB

Free Member
May 31, 2017
Northamptonshire
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
Bless you carol thanks! Yes I intend to subscribe to the full membership once I have exchanged contracts, as I'm sure I will have a ton of questions :)

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Hi Nikki, :pink: took me a long time to achieve my lifetime dream, but it was worth the wait. Don't know when you passed your test but you may be restricted to 3.5t Look for vans with a mega payload, and take any you like over the weighbridge before deciding.
Amm aware you haven't exchanged contracts, but get out to the dealers and the shows, lie down on the beds see how you would cope showering and using the loo. Dual fuel for heating and water heating is a good idea too.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back