Hi there! Layout, Layout then Layout! (1 Viewer)

Jul 7, 2020
Saddleworth
Funster No
MH
C Class, Kontiki 655
Exp
Since 2019
Morning thought I'd say Hi!
We, that is myself and my lovely, long suffering wife have been camping or caravaning since the 80s, always with the intention (possibly just me) of getting a Motorhome one day.
Last year we both retired, early I must add, took the plunge and the advice of a close friend, layout,layout then layout and bought a Benimar (fixed bed) which we traded a month later (which may have cost us a few quid...oops) because the layout didn't suite us, living space too small, guess were not the first to do that! We have now got a 2005 Kontiki 655 and we love it.
No worries, smile and wave boys, smile and wave!

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
animated welcome group purple.gif

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Deleted User
Hello and welcome.
I prefer layout, payload, payload.

Hellski

Free Member
Mar 28, 2016
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto 76 LE
Exp
Welcome to the mad house, in a good way.:giggle:

They say you only get it right on the third, just saying :LOL:

Apr 12, 2012
N/E Lincs
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Rienza
Exp
as above
Hi there and welcome from our corner of Lincolnshire, ex Saddleworth . Brassed off caused me to sit up. I rember the band contests in the park across the road from our house in Uppermill.
Back to the original post. We hired a fixed bed Pilote before we bought a van conversion. Hired a rear lounge van conversion in New Zealand. Came home and bought a rear lounge coach build.
The coach build, Rienza, is Ford based, low mileage and tidy inside so it seemed a good buy. Because it is based on a 300 Transit chassis payload shouldn’t be an issue. We seem to have storage space unused even during a long trip to Germany.
No matter what you buy you will find fault with something. We seem to have found what suits us for now hopefully taking us into retirement longer trips once things get fully back to normal.

Scotsblood

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2017
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis 194
Exp
Since 2017
:welc:
We were advised by friends to do the 'list thing', three columns, 'must haves', 'nice to have' and 'can't live with' and then look at as many vans as we could. We did and we thought we had purchased the one with the most positives and really loved it. A year later however we realised we really didn't actually know what our 'must haves' were at the start and that led us to change to a different model and layout.
They say you only get it right on the third, just saying :LOL:
Oh well, number two seems pretty good so far so here's hoping we don't see something better, possibly a good thing for the wallet the shows have been cancelled!:roflmto:

Easyliving

Free Member
Dec 4, 2012
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Hi there.

We had our first van for about a year and toured Europe in it. We had visions of the grandchildren coming away with us so we bought a 6 berth.

In the end of course we certainly didn’t need 6 berths and associated seat belts. Luckily, when we traded it in for our current van the dealer gave us what we paid for it.

We have had our current van, a Swift 630g, for about 8 years now and it’s been great.

Paul

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
welcome to the fun house, dont beat yourself up over changing vans so quickly, we had three within 2 years ..... now we are happy with what we have, but realise that in the future as the grandchildren get older, then we will be looking for island bed with drop down electric bed.

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Well well well, you dug deep and joined :giggler: :giggler:
Yes I did say layout layout layout but did you listen? No! :doh: But you got there in the end, well done and welcome to the madhouse.

bigwood you will have seen Keith play in Brassed Off and the band contests as he has been a member of Delph band man and boy, in fact longer than I’ve been alive.........honest:whistle2:

May 23, 2020
Funster No
MH
Pilote G600L
Exp
Since 2010
Welcome ditto.!!! we to tried firstly by buying British our Bailey fell apart around us. We are on our third MH

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
:welco:

With our first van it took us 6 years to decide we didn't like the layout.:rofl:

Agree, that's why we have a van with 1350kg payload.:giggle:
Yes I agree too. With upgrade we’re on 2250kgs payload but believe you me I need it with my carers wine intake :whistle2:

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Hello and welcome from West Midlands. đź‘Ť

Wyn