Hi ONE AND ALL !!! (1 Viewer)

telma

Free Member
Jul 9, 2009
Funster No
Well here goes we have gone and done it !::bigsmile:

Sold up and got the finances in place, renting property while we get the show on the road.

Now we are torn as to buying an RV here in the UK or should we look at buying in the states, spending time over there and shipping to UK.

We are looking at spending in the region of £30,000 on the RV, and have budgeted for monthly costs over 5Yrs at £1700.00 per mth.

We are wide open to any advice that anyone would care to give at this stage.

look foward to hearing from you.

Best wishes !!!

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
Welcome to the FUN site. I'm sure someone will be along soon to give you good advice.::bigsmile::thumb:

Apr 29, 2009
West Yorkshire...Halifax
Funster No
MH
Vanless....BUT....!!!!
Exp
Since 2007
Hi, first of all congratulations on taking the plunge!, we did the very same last year, sold it all, house car etc etc I took early retirement and we just thought B******R IT lets do it.
We started off with an Eldiss Autoquest 140,nice little starter van and we did a lot of the UK all along the south coast, Lands End to Dover, and everywhere in between,after Xmas we headed south to Spain for 3 months ....it was FAB, we came back in April for a family do and whilst we were in the "home" area we actually upgraded the van for an Autocruise Startrail.
As for RVs I can't help but I'm sure some one will tell you the ups and downs of owning one...Happy Trails Mate

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Hi Telmar WELCOME :roflmto::roflmto::roflmto:

Sorry can't advise you on RV but someone else will i'm sure.

Whatever you decide to do hope it all works out well for you :thumb::thumb:

Keep us informed, best of luck!!!!! :winky:

Dave:thumb::thumb:

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

telma

Free Member
Jul 9, 2009
Funster No
Hi, first of all congratulations on taking the plunge!, we did the very same last year, sold it all, house car etc etc I took early retirement and we just thought B******R IT lets do it.
We started off with an Eldiss Autoquest 140,nice little starter van and we did a lot of the UK all along the south coast, Lands End to Dover, and everywhere in between,after Xmas we headed south to Spain for 3 months ....it was FAB, we came back in April for a family do and whilst we were in the "home" area we actually upgraded the van for an Autocruise Startrail.
As for RVs I can't help but I'm sure some one will tell you the ups and downs of owning one...Happy Trails Mate
Really glad your enjoying your selves, yep I also retired early:roflmto: fed up with the rat race.
We are not ruling out a european van at this time I really like the Autotrail Chieftan ,
but it appears that for full timing the RVs appear to fit the bill better.but who am I :winky:
Hope to meet some day.

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
You may have to wait awhile as I don't know how many of the RV owners are at Americana Int. meet this weekend.

Dave:thumb:

Last edited:

bald eagle

Free Member
Jan 30, 2009
here,there and everywhere
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
since 1998
Hi telma and :welcome:
We f/t in the uk and our budget works out about half of what you
have estimated, its surprising what you don't need when f/t in a
motorhome.
Good luck
:thumb:

regards
bald eagle

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi, there are some excellent bargains either side of the Atlantic. If you really want to spend time in the States then it would be silly not to buy there. However you will have to be prepared to deal with a bit of red tape to get it registered here and get some work on the electric conversion. There is no definite answer and no best way for everyone.

Meanwhile welcome to the fun and please keep us all up to date with your new adventure:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back