Free Member
Mar 8, 2018
Sussex
Funster No
MH
B Class
Exp
Im a newbie
Glad to find this site, hubby and I are new to Motor homing. Have always had Touring Caravans but decided last year to change over to a motor home. We are loving it, only used it a few times so far but are hoping to get away a lot more this year. The dog seems to love it as well so thats good. We have small Bessacarr. Just thinking about a stand alone awning and have to day been out looking at the Kampa Air one, anyone got one of these? Any views would be welcome. Happy to meet you all.

Dan and Jan

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 16, 2017
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Between Vans
Exp
On and off since 2000
Hello from Scotland. :WelcomeFlag:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
FIrstly welcome
Secondly if you make more than 5 posts then you have to pay the £15 pa to get absolutely shed loads of advice and some of it might be good advice.
Thirdly, Driveaway awnings. Loads of information with several different points of view (again some of them are right!)
A lot of those views are from people who have come from caravans and bought a driveaway awning and sold it after using it twice. (that would include me)
If you are going to use the motorhome to travel from one place to another and not have people staying the night in the awning, and you are going abroad, you will be wasting your money (imho) (there you go 150 quid saved already and you havent even spent your 15 quid)

France is just round the corner for you (and me) and is the place to go for motorhomes and if you stay at aires which are generally free then you cant use your awning. If you stay at campsites you can pay and then use it.

If i havent convinced you then take a look in the "For sale" section (if you can view it as a non member) there is bound to be one for sale from an ex caravanner !!!

Enjoy. Starting off with a bessacarr oooooh nice choice

AndyV

Free Member
Feb 5, 2018
France
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
since 2003
:pink: I can second what has been stated about awnings & motorhomes. You will see the advantages of moving on & of sites very quickly without having to pack away awnings etc. Those wind out awnings that fit onto a motorhome are ace for hot sunny days & so easy to use.

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
Hello and welcome! Always lots of good advice on here,but I’m afraid I can’t contribute to the awning info. There have been threads on the topic in the past which may help you. Use the search facility.

Aug 15, 2015
scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr
Exp
Since 2015
Hi and Welcome. We too have a Bessacarr. (Love it), but have a Fiamma Safari room. (Only takes us 1/2 hour to erect). 2 friends have had air awnings but got rid within the same season. One didn't quite fit properly (windows blocked and gaps everywhere) The other wasn't impressed with the build quality. But... you pays your money..as the saying goes. If you get the opportunity, go to a Motorhome show (even if only as a day visitor). You'll get to see a few MoHo's with them fitted. Just speak to them. If you see the Smiley Face flags of Motorhome Fun, come and see us. We're usually quite friendly. Cheers, Tony

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
welcome animated smiley3.gif

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Hello and welcome from West Midlands.

Wyn

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Welcome.

Once you are a member you can look on ghe For Sale section ... or start a thread in u shaped lounge asking if anyone is thinking of selling theirs ..
Plus of course LOADS of other advice and meet ups to bbqs etc.

Pia

Free Member
Jan 16, 2017
staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Supreme 680ST
Exp
:WelcomeFlag: using the windout awning on the MH is great and I would agree with what has been said about awnings.....we did have a air awning when we had an Eriba caravan before the MH and it was OK but unbearably hot in the summer months abroad a bit like a polytunnel....we sold it after one season....now we use only our windout 'awning'. Enjoy your Motorhome.

Jul 4, 2016
sidcup
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic c line 5.0
Exp
a few years
hello and welcome

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun