Hi Newbie looking for first motorhome (1 Viewer)

jonjoe

Free Member
Aug 26, 2017
Wallasey
Funster No
Exp
Newbie looking for first MH
Hi Everyone,

John and Debs here looking for a first home, peferably one with a motor. Looked around loads of dealers and have decided we are after a bailey autograph 745 2015 or 2016 model. If anyone spots one for sale please drop us a line. Looking forward to loads of chat and of course expert advice.

JJ&D

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
welcome animated smiley3.gif

OP
OP
J

jonjoe

Free Member
Aug 26, 2017
Wallasey
Funster No
Exp
Thank you EX for being my first reply

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 27, 2014
mid wales
Funster No
MH
carthago chic i51.
Exp
Hi welcome to fun happy and safe travels .

Rob and Val

Free Member
Oct 17, 2010
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Talbot Compass Calypso
Exp
Since July 2010
Hi.gif
and a warm welcome from us.
Is this what you are looking for?

OP
OP
J

jonjoe

Free Member
Aug 26, 2017
Wallasey
Funster No
Exp
Hi Rob and Val,

Unfortunately no. The 740 doesnot have 4 travel seats which we require for the occasional transport of grandchildren. Thank you for your response. I should maybe be more specific with my posting to demonstrate why the 745 is the one for us.

Rob and Val

Free Member
Oct 17, 2010
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Talbot Compass Calypso
Exp
Since July 2010
Hi Rob and Val,

Unfortunately no. The 740 doesnot have 4 travel seats which we require for the occasional transport of grandchildren. Thank you for your response. I should maybe be more specific with my posting to demonstrate why the 745 is the one for us.
Not sure about this one as it can't make up its mind as to whether it's an Approach or an Autograph! I suspect that predictive text is to blame ...........
http://www.preloved.co.uk/adverts/s...h?keyword=bailey+autograph+745&sectionId=2173

OP
OP
J

jonjoe

Free Member
Aug 26, 2017
Wallasey
Funster No
Exp
Thanks Rob and Val,

Yes that is a 745 and is based in Nottingham. I have seen this advert already it's one i am looking at.

Cheers John

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Hello and welcome:WelcomeFlag:

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
Hi welcome to the forum. Before you buy anything you should check the paperwork and make sure that the habitation and water ingress checks are up to date. Then open the door and have a good sniff. If it's been sprayed with air freshener or has one in there you have to ask what it's hiding. If you are happy then get it checked over before you part with a large chunk of cash. If it's a private sale you will have no guarantee whatsoever so be careful. There is always another round the corner. Baileys are not one of the best built MH so you will need to sharpen up your DIY skills.

Have a look at this .. http://www.youtube.com/embed/kugH8bU_44Y

The video has been around for a long time but it just goes to show what you have to do to get even a minor problem fixed.

So why is it being sold it's been used 3 times and done 800 miles .. Wonder what's wrong with it.

Happy Hunting ..

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
Its quite possible that the current owner jumped in with both feet and bought the one that doesnt work for him , or found that motorhomes arent for them , as many do , unlikely that its a big problem as it would be under warranty , mind you :unsure::)

Welcome and tread carefully as it can be an expensive learning curve (y)

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
Its quite possible that the current owner jumped in with both feet and bought the one that doesnt work for him , or found that motorhomes arent for them , as many do

Lot of people switch from a caravan then use MH like a caravan instead. Everyone to his own. We certainly prefer to be away from sites. We are sitting on a small side road in Spain with two other MH's great little spot. Lots of sun to keep batteries charged, near the beach for a shower and next to a manhole cover What more could you ask for.

OP
OP
J

jonjoe

Free Member
Aug 26, 2017
Wallasey
Funster No
Exp
I appreciate the comments about Bailey's MH's but we have a claustropobia issue to consider and the extra width of the bailey makes it the only one to consider in our budget. I am always open minded about why people would be selling a vehicle soon after purchasing it brand new with a high spec and a warrenty still in place. tacr2man and QFour have very valid points. I have purchased a number of high spec cars 12 to 24 months old at a very good price from people who cannot help specifying the top of the range only to find the vehicle is not what they want or did not suit their lifestyle. Then there are always those unfortunates who buy there dream only for it to be shattered by a change in circumstance. I own a very nice Jaguar, the disposal of which was brought about by very troubled situation called a pregnancy.

Thanks for the comments and all the welcomes.

Kind regards,

JJ&Deb

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back