Hi new to camper van conversion , and need lots of help (1 Viewer)

frenchmike

Free Member
Apr 30, 2017
brittany france
Funster No
MH
van coversion
Exp
i'm a newbie
Hi new to camper van conversion , and need lots of help, I have bought a 2007 Renault master DCI 120,

that I'm starting to convert , I need help with advise , with insulation types , the best way to do the headlining , plus how to go about planning out, 12volt and 240 v wiring layout.

I realize I,m asking a lot .

Also if anyone has pictures or videos that might help me , or good links that might help , I would be very greatful.

all the best .

frenchmike

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
There is a self-build forum on here - and other useful things. Click on Forum Home at the top of this page.

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
Welcome to Fun
There is a lot of help on here I think it will be £15 well spent if you pay for the year

Mel

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Hi there , welcome to the forum and w2f
As @Viennese says look at the self build bit on the forum. Ralph built ours from scratch and he's put a blog /thread on that. Plus there's lots of others . From little wee ones you can't stand up in , to huge coaches converted with log burners built in!
You only get 5 free posts on here then you become a read only . £15 to join , for the year. Money well spent from all the advice you'll get .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
Hi and welcome.
One of the first things you need to do with a panel van, is to consider insulation. Celotex is a good insulation board that can be spray glued to surfaces and where inpractical glass fibre or other packing type insulation is good.
Always consider that the metal van walls with warm air inside and cold air outside, makes a good surface for condensation when you add some form of heating later. If adding windows later, you can easily cut through the Celotex and plywood lining (if that is the way you go)
When the walls are finished, consider a quality thick plywood floor, which is easier to fit at this stage.
When I first built my own van many years ago, I went to every Motorhome Show I could, to study layouts.
Good luck!

WildHorse

Free Member
Sep 11, 2017
Nr Bristol
Funster No
MH
Was a Rohill Minibus.
Exp
2 Years
Good day to you! www.carbuilder.com for many useful bits including insulation and sound deadening. If your starting from scratch its a build :) most of the 12 volt is fairly simple but unless your competent with 230 volts, best leave that to an expert, any good auto electricians in your area???
Your welcome to give me a shout if you get stuck along the way.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Good day to you! www.carbuilder.com for many useful bits including insulation and sound deadening. If your starting from scratch its a build :) most of the 12 volt is fairly simple but unless your competent with 230 volts, best leave that to an expert, any good auto electricians in your area???
Your welcome to give me a shout if you get stuck along the way.
not too much point replying as the op only posted the once back in april and has not replied to the thread

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back