Hi, Maktini here, motorhomer of a few years now. (1 Viewer)

Maktini

Free Member
Dec 1, 2018
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2013
However we now have downsized to a van conversion. The question I would like to ask of you knowledgeable people out there in the ether. I now need to carry two electric bikes.
The choice of transportation of these bikes will not be on the back doors, but either a purpose built fold out rack i.e. something like the Vanstar offering or fitting a towbar and using the Altea folding carrier.
Has anyone used either of these set ups and experienced problems, specifically with towbar/Altea option.
Does the Altea offering tilt enough to allow the back doors to open to remove the toilet cassette. Your observations and opinions as to which option will be the best will be valued. Regarding price the towbar option is cheaper therefore is preffered at present.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Maktini,

I’ve no idea about the van and tow bar combination, but welcome anyway.. I’m sure someone will be able to help. yy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
:hiya:
We had decided to get a swing out rack to make getting to the rear doors easier. However having taken our Ducato conversion to a weighbridge we found that there was not enough spare payload for a rack and electric bikes. Worth checking first!

https://www.busbiker.com/en

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back