Hi Im new to all this - help required (1 Viewer)

rockchickshaz

Free Member
May 12, 2012
Middlesex
Funster No
MH
Buying one soon
Exp
Im a newbie
Hi everyone - I am hoping to buy a Romahome shortly, the idea being is to have long weekends away stopping off at places to take photos chill out just basically to see the UK without the hassle of booking B&b. Im in north west london and need to see the coast more, my question is where do I find details of where I can park the campervan overnight, i know i can't park anywhere is there a website where I can look places up before I go. I did google search but nothing suitable came up. Are there any other rules I need to know about, mainly i am concerned about where to park it, if i can use ordinary car parks etc. Can I just stop somewhere and start cooking! Any help and advice would be much appreciated. Cheers:Cool:

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Hello and welcome. It sounds like you are in for a lovely time travelling about and taking photos and just generally enjoying what the country has to offer.

You are right about not being able to just park up anywhere and set up camp. However it seems to be a bit difficult to come up with hard facts about this. Usually it is up to local councils who determine policy about restrictions. With a Romahome you'll be less restricted than full size motorhomes. I am sure that you will be given more detailed info by others on here.

I have to agree with Peter (JCM) about subscribing. We're a friendly bunch and you will get loads of useful information from other members.

Wyn

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi and welcome :thumb:It is more a case of using common sense -lay-bys and car parks where you are not going to upset people :thumb:It will not take long for you to pick up on where you can/not park.Lots of pubs will let you park overnight if you buy a beer or two.Nothing to stop you parking just off road just make sure you leave the place as you found it.You will get away with a one night stop just about anywhere
terry

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
welcome from us also

A warm welcome from us as well.. well worth subscribing tot he site.. then you have a continued access to all the infer you will need... other wise you get 5 posts and then you can only watch and read about all the fun and information you may need.

Great group...

Bob, Sue & Ezzie the St Bernard.:winky::winky:

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
welcome

hi there and a warm welcome to MHF.enjoy your time here :thumb:
regards brian jo and josh

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back