Hi Im Dori. I have just bought a motorhome Fiat Ducato Miller (1 Viewer)

Dori dignam

Free Member
Jun 12, 2018
Funster No
just bought my first motorhome. Opened the kitchen window after giving it a clean and it hit the bike rack. Now I cant get it to push out any further so it will ratchet back closed again. Doh !!! Any advice

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
I had the same problem till I removed the bike rack. Used to prop it open with a stick.

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
You will probably have to remove bike rack to release the window.
Our kitchen window hits the bike rack, so we removed the stays that keep it open and hubby fashioned a metal fixing that hooks onto the window latch on the window & the opposite end on the frame! This way the window is fixed so it can’t blow open any further & cant blow closed.
9DA8A858-CA1D-4254-9316-087CF6964236.jpeg

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
On the other hand .... why not keep it so? I find it very useful to feel safe at night time when it is really hot and want some fresh air. The rack prevents any thief to get into the van. I'm used to having it like that and like the advantage I get from the situation.

Amicalement
Frankie:):cool:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
On the other hand .... why not keep it so? I find it very useful to feel safe at night time when it is really hot and want some fresh air. The rack prevents any thief to get into the van. I'm used to having it like that and like the advantage I get from the situation.

Amicalement
Frankie:):cool:
I think the problem Frankie is that they can't close it at all as these are the type that you have to push further out to release the 'stay open' latch in the arms.

Only solution is to remove/partially remove the bike rack I'm afraid unless you can release the 'arms' themselves either from the window or the frame ...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 4, 2016
sidcup
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic c line 5.0
Exp
a few years
hello and welcome

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Unscrew the arms at one end from the window or the frame.

Just keep on swimming swimming swimming. what's my name again? Dori !

Welcome :LOL:

Last edited:

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Probably easiest to unscrew from the frame attachment point than the glazing

Or if you can get a knife either side to achieve the same as this as the lock lever will be in your way, the arm will pull out.

Long term better to discard the arms and use a packer to hold your window ajar, toilet roll perhaps?
CA_02171320260258-X3.jpg

David Southcott

Free Member
Aug 20, 2017
Funster No
This is not a reply to the problem of the window hitting the bike rack, but we have a problem that we would like advice on please. As we have never posted before, I’m not even sure I’m doing this is the right place, but here goes. We discovered a leak in our roof rail, due to the mastic shrinking. I’ve repaired the bathroom wall, and the van is now completely dry, but the side exterior panel has slightly delaminated causing a couple of bubbles on the outside wall . Is there anyway we could stop this going further as we really love our van, hoping for some suggestions many thanka

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
This is not a reply to the problem of the window hitting the bike rack, but we have a problem that we would like advice on please. As we have never posted before, I’m not even sure I’m doing this is the right place, but here goes. We discovered a leak in our roof rail, due to the mastic shrinking. I’ve repaired the bathroom wall, and the van is now completely dry, but the side exterior panel has slightly delaminated causing a couple of bubbles on the outside wall . Is there anyway we could stop this going further as we really love our van, hoping for some suggestions many thanka
Probably better clicking forums button at top of page and the go to Motorhome chat at top of page you’ll see a button to start a new thread click there and start new thread.(y)(y)(y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back