Ellitay

Free Member
Feb 8, 2019
Funster No
MH
Don't own yet
Exp
Will be a newbie
Hi All. Just joined the fun. Looking forward to 'chatting' and asking questions. My partner and I are currently looking to buy our first mo-ho. Excited but not, as yet, been able to find what we are looking for at a price tag we can afford which is frustrating and time consuming. I have researched extensively. Read lots of forums and articles. Sooooo much to learn! Any tips welcome. Thanks.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hi

You need a list of no compromise important stuff and nice to have and then try to see some vans and sit in them and play at being away on a wet winter day as well as nice sunny days when you might want chairs table BBQ bikes etc.

And welcome BTW.

Martin

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
animated welcome group purple.gif

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
:ello: & welcome, it's worth subscribing, £15 for a year, there's so much experience on here and usually someone around 24/7.

have you visited any dealers yet? and can you get to any of the shows? or look at the rallies.... if there's any near you.... folks are usually more than happy to show you around their van and talk about their likes/dislikes, that way you can get a real idea of what might work for you.

If you subscribe you can download Jims buying guide.

Hope you find your dream van:)

Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
Welcome. The tip I'd have appreciated at the outset, is to think carefully, what sort of trips you're planning and where. If you're planning to stay mostly on hook up at sites or whether you are going off-grid and not needing hookup will alter what to look for in a van. Also, whether you want chairs, BBQ, bikes etc in which case aim for a motorhome that has lots of storage. If no hookup, then one leisure battery is unlikely to be enough and a solar panel would help too. Good luck.

Mr B

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 1, 2015
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065ff Design Edit
Exp
Since 2015.......
Nah den :)
Welcome

Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Welcome, to the nuthouse!!

First tip,,,,, don’t get depressed or fed up looking,,, there’s a lovely one out there with your name on it!! You’ll find it sooner or later!! Keep us updated with progress,,, good luck to you both! Xx

BigStevie

Free Member
Feb 6, 2019
Funster No
MH
panel van
Exp
Since I was a lad
Hi from the Highlands, As mentioned above, make a list of what isn't negotiable! For us it was a big fixed bed....

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back