Hi, I am Mel, and all this is new to me (1 Viewer)

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Hi,
I am Mel, and all this is new to me "Forums" so not sure I am doing it correct but here goes, what do I talk about,? I am English living in France, retired, and taking life slowly, just had a hip replacement in France about 7 weeks ago, everything was first class even to the home care after the operation "unbelievable" 7 days in hospital and then the after care at home, carers, nurses, and 40 sessions of physio at home and equipment delivered to your house and fitted ready for the day you come home, Hospital beds, High chairs, Zimmer frames, crutches, walking sticks a full 5 draw cabinet full of medical equipment for the nurses and carers, first class, and then after 6 weeks when you are feeling better when the equipment is not needed it is all dismantled and taken away.
So I am now thinking of driving my motorhome I purchased last summer, I have driven the car 5 times (Picasso) and that seems fine,

There is a question I would like to ask other members about travelling on and thro the Eurotunnel with the motorhome,
It states in the rules are you must have no more than 47kg gas ( mine are two 13kg or two 11kg bottles not sure) but it states the bottles must NOT be more than 80% full on each bottle and you must demonstrate to the Eurotunnel staff before you travel the quantity of gas, don't forget mine are French gas bottles which have a external thread different to (England gas bottles they have internal thread)( not sure what thread size we have over here, is there two gauges that anybody knows of that are not to expensive to fit French bottles as they may only be used the one trip or English gauges with adaptors to a French bottles, or is there a easy method that people have already used when they have gone thro the tunnel, Please Help. Please do mention the ferry as I get seasick very bad even with all the tablets on the market and bad for days after...even bad in the harbour in calm water!!!!! sorry we can not all be ADMIRAL NELSON
I will also put this blog on as an individual (so people are not bored in what I have said about myself) thank and bye for now Mel

superk

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Devon
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion now sold
Exp
8 years
Hi Mel and welcome - lots of good advice on here but best to ask your question once in the right section otherwise you won't get the best response:winky:

:Smile:
Keith

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Hi, welcome to the fun, don't worry about the gas, ALL bottles are only filled to 80% full, if asked you only need to show them your two bottles. Make sure they are switched off. And by the way Admiral Nelson was well known for suffering from seasickness, hee hee.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Hi Mel and a Great Big Welcome from me.:thumb:

Glad everything's on the up and enjoy the Motorhome.::bigsmile:

Last edited:

Kooky

Free Member
Jan 12, 2008
West Scotland-Loch Lomond
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2006... but caravans and tents before that
Hi Mel, and:welcome:
Lucky you living in France, we are thinking about retiring there too....just looking at all the pros and cons at the moment.

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Hi Mel, and:welcome:
Lucky you living in France, we are thinking about retiring there too....just looking at all the pros and cons at the moment.

We would not have it any other way..been here 4 1/2 years..we was thinking of going back to England for 3 weeks just to see friends and family (what family we have left) stock up on food ( as we still prefer English food) and goods ! but the wife said do we have to!! as it is far better over here, as far as the motorhome sites Aires some are free some are a small charge some water is free some a small charge some electric free some a small charge so the wife said where in England will you get anything like that.....I was lost for words, I must say it is a lot slower here we live in a village and very friendly even the children and teenagers are polite, now that would be unique in England now-a-days

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Humieres

Hi Mel!

Where in France do you live? I'm in Balma , little poshy town near Toulouse.
It'll make some change to you to talk a bit of English with your brits fellows. Have fun... with them on this free site and with your motorhome when travelling!!!:thumb::winky:

Amicalement

Frankie:Smile:
We are not that far from Calais about 100km a farming village called Humieres...yes it is a change to talk to fellow Brits, as I am not that good with my French now the wife is excellent and getting better with her French but our neighbours are very very good like there food and the wine of course, bye Mel

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Mel,

We too hope to move to France, sooner rather than later. Glad you found us. Welcome to the Fun ::bigsmile:

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Hi Mel

Welcome....

I too am hoping to move to France also... How do you cope with the cost of healthcare?

ShiftZZ

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Hi Mel

Welcome....

I too am hoping to move to France also... How do you cope with the cost of healthcare?

ShiftZZ

We find it Ok because we are retirement age we don't have to contribute to the system, we only have to pay for our insurance top up which is costing us €1600 for both of us p.a..........good luck with your move !

scran

Free Member
Jan 22, 2008
washington
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
welcome

hi mel welcome to the best club:Smile:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Hi,
I am Mel, and all this is new to me "Forums" so not sure I am doing it correct but here goes, what do I talk about,?l

Talk about *anything*. Within reason :)

Bottom line is MHers are a bit isolated and the Forum provides a place to chat and you'll find, even an extended family when you need a bit of help.

We even have our own friendly little frog who gives free French Lessons, now you don't get that service in Soho.

It's nice to see that you can format a page nicely, folk not used forums often SHOUT A LOT or type 100,000 words without as much as a full stop.

I guess we could be typically British and talk about the weather. Or maybe not.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back