Hi I am a Newbie Motorhome Owner (1 Viewer)

robmaco

Free Member
Jan 23, 2019
Funster No
MH
Fiat Firenze
Exp
I'm a newbie
I just fulfilled a 30 year dream to own my own motor home.

I beat the odds my wife and everyone I knew were not enthusiastic. The wife said over her dead body, so I showed her some tombstones and asked her whether she preferred a plain or a marbled headstone. (True)

Anyway I never gave up and I am the proud owner of a second hand 6 berth Fiat Firenze. I am kitting it out at the moment with a solar panel and satellite (The one that does all the work for you)

My kitchen at home has been taken over by all the gadgets and essentials you need to hit the road. The plan is to go out this weekend to test everything including water, power, gas etc.

In the summer I hired a 6 berth motor home to see how it was. The wife thought it would end my dream but it didn't in fact it reinforced it. I went to Skye and traveled 800 miles across Scotland, visited incredible places and saw some incredible views.

Last Thursday I traveled down to Hereford from Glasgow and bought my van (All 22 feet, I had no idea it would be that big), 800+ miles later, I drove it to my house and parked it at the bus stop across from my door. I phoned my wife and both her and the dog had quite a shock as it took up the whole bus stop :)

Needless to say my wife is now planning to travel with me as she hates seeing me having loads of fun on my own.

I guess the moral is if you have a dream go for it even though no one else shares that dream, chances are they will come round :)

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
It's so good to have a dream and work at it until it comes true., not sure if this weekend is the best given the predicted weather,, you need to make sure water etc is protected against the cold, but I'm sure by the Spring you will be sorted and following your dream, any questions just ask,, though you will probably find it worth paying the £15 for the full membership then you can have as many posts as like instead of just the 5 free ones Good luck with your adventure
hellowelcome

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
Excellent introduction, and
animated welcome group purple.gif

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Whereabouts in Glasgow are you from?
smiley-hello-clipart-1.jpg.gif

Oct 29, 2012
essex
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9090df
Exp
20 years (unless you count my dads VW which makes it 52 years with a few gaps!!)
I had a similar scenario with swmbo years ago but now I get nagged if we haven't been away for a few weeks!! enjoy!!
Oh, and welcome from the sunny south:)

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
@robmaco well I had a similar dream and met similar opposition from wifey.
Four years on and still not managed to get her to like motorhome :( let alone get enthusiastic. This is despite some fantastic sights going down to Croatia last year.
Looks like this year's trip may be solo (with the dog)
Am I bothered ? Well a bit disappointed but definitely want to carry on the dream.
Edit: by the way, there's another funster has same difficulties, what is it with these women ?
Keep us posted and becoming a member will be £15 well spent, loads of useful information on here

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
The wife said over her dead body, so I showed her some tombstones and asked her whether she preferred a plain or a marbled headstone. (True)

Needless to say my wife is now planning to travel with me as she hates seeing me having loads of fun on my own.

I reckon this thread could take over from Eastenders for FUN entertainment.

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Hello and welcome from West Midlands.

Wyn