hi i am a newbie from Scotland, i have no camper van yet, i am wondering where is the cheapest place to buy a second hand hymer camper van in Europe , (1 Viewer)

davesax

Free Member
Sep 11, 2019
scotland
Funster No
MH
dont own yet
Exp
hi i am a newbie from Scotland, i have no camper van yet, i am wondering where is the cheapest place to buy a second hand hymer camper van in Europe , and what hassles are involved getting insurance here and abroad doing this documents etc, any help would be appreciated , kind regards dave

OP
OP
davesax

davesax

Free Member
Sep 11, 2019
scotland
Funster No
MH
dont own yet
Exp
been told hymer,s are good no other reason , dont know what model just a smallish one too use

kind regards Dave

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Deleted User
Good choice if van. However AFAIK there is no one particular place to buy what you're looking for. You don't say which model you like or a budget but they're everywhere. Keep trawling the web, narrow your choice and budget and something will appear. If you like it and buy it then you've found the best place to buy one. Good luck.

Peppadog

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 11, 2018
Nr Bath
Funster No
MH
Sunlight C600 pvc
Exp
Since the late 70's
Welcome. If looking to buy your first camper van. Do lots of web research of brands, sizes and layouts. There is a lot of choice for a reason - folks are looking for different things from their van. Then go and hire one or two for a few days to see if you like whatever van type you are in. I think I have seen a company on the web renting older Hymers, which might be ideal. By then you might have an idea of what suits you. Its very expensive getting it wrong. Most of us have done that more than once!

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Be wary of the many scams out there.
Don't send any deposits and dont have one "delivered". Loads of reading up on here.
Maybe state a budget, what license you have and what type of thing your looking for is number of beds or passenger seats.

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
best £15 ive ever spent on motorhoming is the subs for this place which will give you access to a buyers guide as well as the ability to search the site for answers we get at least one post a month here from people who have spent their life savings on a pile of damp or overweight tat there are many scams and unscrupulous private sales out there and not all dealers are as honest as they could be

OP
OP
davesax

davesax

Free Member
Sep 11, 2019
scotland
Funster No
MH
dont own yet
Exp
Hi everyone !! thanks for your info, what is your opinions on this type?
Hymer B544 A Class it looks kind of what i am looking for not too big but big enough for permanent living? and my budget embarrassed to say is 8K thats why i am thinking to go Germany or Belgium too buy but not sure ,as some people are saying its a lot of hassle and others saying its worth it? keep the info coming please .

Kind Regards Dave

OP
OP
davesax

davesax

Free Member
Sep 11, 2019
scotland
Funster No
MH
dont own yet
Exp
Older vans are even easier to import than new vans so not much hassle at all.
hi lenny thanks for info where did you buy yours from if you dont mind me asking?

Kind Regards Dave

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
davesax be aware you get 5 free posts when you join here. Full subscription is £15 a year. You may find it's the best cash you spend on a motorhome. (y)
Lots of advise, tips and help as well as the social side of things. Having a sense of humour helps as well :D2

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
With the £/Euro rate being what it is now, possibly the cheapest place to buy a used van would be the UK.
I imported my used Hymer over 2 years ago and the equivalent year and model would cost me an extra £6000 if I imported it now. Some Hymers go up in price, not down.

Peppadog

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 11, 2018
Nr Bath
Funster No
MH
Sunlight C600 pvc
Exp
Since the late 70's
Hi everyone !! thanks for your info, what is your opinions on this type?
Hymer B544 A Class it looks kind of what i am looking for not too big but big enough for permanent living? and my budget embarrassed to say is 8K thats why i am thinking to go Germany or Belgium too buy but not sure ,as some people are saying its a lot of hassle and others saying its worth it? keep the info coming please .

Kind Regards Dave
The B544 is one of the best selling models. So many about used. For your 8k budget you are looking at a nineties model probably. Plenty of those as well. It might be worth a web search for classic Hymers for more info as well as all the info on here

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back