Hi Funsters new member from Surrey (1 Viewer)

Bertie B

Free Member
Jun 9, 2020
CARSHALTON , SURREY
Funster No
MH
BURSTNER IXEO 590G
Exp
SINCE JULY 2020
We had been looking to buy our first motorhome for some months, earlier in the year. In July we were lucky enough to find a lovely motorhome , a little chap with a big name, a Burstner IXEO TIME IT 590G SOVEREIGN. The lovely people at Camper UK in Lincoln , did a marvellous job at making it look like new. With only 5300 miles on the clock, since new in 2017, it has hardly being run in. Since then we have done a whole thousand miles of travelling between lock-downs.
Have never driven a vehicle like this before, the ease of driving came as a welcome surprise. Also being only just under 6 meters long it can go most places.
The dropdown bed is wonderful, even more so now it has a 'tremendous' bed topper from NATURALMAT. A bit of a treat but it gives a very cosy night sleep.

One thing I was surprised at was the cab lightweight locks on such an expensive vehicle. We now with a pair of sturdy dead locks form Vanlock on the cab doors and its is far more secure. Using thick steel steering wheel/peddle lock as a bar across the inside of the habitation door, will, hopefully, put off the bad guys

One question for the more experienced Funsters, I thought we had sprung a leak last week. When filling up the drinking water before we went out, we found it had run out by the time we were ready to fill the kettle when we stopped. It turns out that there is a freezing weather protection switch that flipped that automatically drains the water supply.
The question is, if we are completing winter motoring do we not use the water system and if that is the case is there anything we can do to change that.?

looking forward to taking to the road very soon, hope to see you here.

all the best Paul

AndyPK

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 7, 2015
Cirencester
Funster No
MH
None……..!
Exp
Motorhoming since 2015......
Welcome from Ciren! (y)

(normally, the auto-drain is to protect the boiler in freezing temperatures, I believe. Was it very cold when you used the ‘van.....?:unsure:)

DumfriesDik

Free Member
Nov 22, 2020
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740GJ
Exp
Hi, I hope the draining water is a feature not a problem.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 14, 2009
Chandlers Ford, Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner TD700 H L
Exp
Since 2008
Bertie B a frost protector can be fitted that keeps the valve warmed to above the 3° ,this simply plugs into the dump valve and the bolier .

Truma-FrostControl-Heizelement-310-160-9981314.jpg

OP
OP
Bertie B

Bertie B

Free Member
Jun 9, 2020
CARSHALTON , SURREY
Funster No
MH
BURSTNER IXEO 590G
Exp
SINCE JULY 2020
Many thanks for the the lovely warm welcome, also thanks Vanderek for the valve warmer tip, I will look into that. Yes it was the 1st frost of the year
All the best
Paul

Jun 8, 2019
Bexley Kent
Funster No
MH
Given up Motorhoming
Exp
May 2019
Greetings peeps welcome from Bexley

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Hello and welcome from West Midlands. 👍 When the van is in use the auto-dump valve should not activate as the heat inside the van means the ambient temp does not fall low enough.

Wyn

Aug 31, 2014
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
4th year
Hi welcome from Esher, Great van btw. I would recommend as well as dead locks invest in a growler from vanbitz which we had fitted after it was recovered from a theft off our driveway in the night.
we only managed to find it because the tracker found it parked up in Hayes a few hours later.
enjoy the journeys

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back