Hi from the New Forest (1 Viewer)

ReneeSkylark

Free Member
Aug 12, 2021
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Hi All,

Just found this group, though have been VW campervanning for many years. Have now upgraded to something slightly bigger as my forever van, currently camping close to home as a bit of a shakedown, discovering all the things I might need and bits of the van that I don't know how to use, watch this space!:worried:

If you want a peaceful camp at the moment I can highly recommend Roundhill near Brockenhurst, New Forest. 500 pitch site with only 70 units on it, heaven. What 'Staycation'

Looking forward to some online chatter, help and advice

ReneeSkylark, Bill & Me

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Welcome aboard

Plenty chat on here on numerous different subjects and sometimes it errs towards politics ......................... but not for long

Kannon Fodda

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2019
Seek and Ye May Find
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-line 540
Exp
I Make Schoolboy Errors!
Hi All,

Just found this group, though have been VW campervanning for many years. Have now upgraded to something slightly bigger as my forever van, currently camping close to home as a bit of a shakedown, discovering all the things I might need and bits of the van that I don't know how to use, watch this space!:worried:

If you want a peaceful camp at the moment I can highly recommend Roundhill near Brockenhurst, New Forest. 500 pitch site with only 70 units on it, heaven. What 'Staycation'

ReneeSkylark, Bill & Me
:welc:

Roundhill is in a great location, my preference of the CiTF sites in my days of tenting, even when it was busy. Unfortunately this year they haven't put in their toilet / shower blocks (which were always falling apart being mobile units) they are stacked on a forestry compound on the other side of the road. But in their wisdom, despite it being effectively a no facility (tap and waste disposal only) site this year, prices are as if there are facilities. So Roundhill is quiet being overpriced yet Sethorns, Aldridge Hill, Denny Wood will all be busy.

Nov 9, 2019
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Nba Playoffs Hello GIF by NBA

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
Hi All,

ReneeSkylark, Bill & Me
Just come from a great 2 day stay at roundhill, but as Kannon Fodda says, should have dropped the prices without any facilities.

Jun 8, 2019
Bexley Kent
Funster No
MH
Given up Motorhoming
Exp
May 2019
Greetings peeps welcome from Bexley

When do you think they will stop calling it the New Forest?šŸ˜

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 22, 2015
Wem Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago E Line 51QB
Exp
Been getting away since 2008
Hi All,

ReneeSkylark, Bill & Me
Welcome.
We were at Roundhill last week, fabulous spot and pretty central to the New Forest.

Jul 11, 2020
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Benimar Tessoro T486
Exp
Since August 2020
Greetings peeps welcome from Bexley

When do you think they will stop calling it the New Forest?šŸ˜
a couple of years ago, grandson got in a strop because he did NOT want to go to the New Forest. We suggested the Old Forest was a better place and he enjoyed it immensely especially the Old Forest ponies..........

OP
OP
ReneeSkylark

ReneeSkylark

Free Member
Aug 12, 2021
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
:welc:

Roundhill is in a great location, my preference of the CiTF sites in my days of tenting, even when it was busy. Unfortunately this year they haven't put in their toilet / shower blocks (which were always falling apart being mobile units) they are stacked on a forestry compound on the other side of the road. But in their wisdom, despite it being effectively a no facility (tap and waste disposal only) site this year, prices are as if there are facilities. So Roundhill is quiet being overpriced yet Sethorns, Aldridge Hill, Denny Wood will all be busy.
Overpriced yes! but no where near as expensive as the CAMC Beaulieu temp site just down the road, Ā£36 for one night!! At least here I got the peace and quite I needed.:smiley:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back