Mar 11, 2016
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Don't Own One Yet
Exp
I'm a Newbie
Hi all
Have been a member 'lurking' for a while, reading with interest and have learned a lot already so decided it's time to join up and become a bona fide member and support this great resource.

We don't currently, or even ever had a motorhome but the lifestyle appears very attractive to us. We had a spell of trailer tenting back in 1983 - 1990 with a Conway Corniche which we still have and is garaged stored, although it's last airing was by our daughter who used it to go to Cornwall to see the solar eclipse 1999. Since then it's been garaged ever since and just can't bring ourselves to sell it.

We have a plan that we would like to see and experience more of the UK and Europe before it's too late as we are not getting any younger. We are at a point in life where you realise there's more to life than work and along with our personal pensions maturing, wife in a year and me in 18months and with a recent inheritance it's either now or never.

So our first foray into looking was at the NEC in October 2015 with the idea of becoming a tugger, however after seeing the MH's on offer this has really made our minds up that is the way to go so lots of research to be done on buying here and the price incentive import route it's going to be a very exciting year.

Hope to contribute in the future to offset all the daft questions that I will no doubt ask.

Chris

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Hi Chris172 and :welc: from the New Forest.

Looking for and deciding on your first MoHo is almost as much fun as getting it so enjoy it and listen to others who have been there and done it as that could save you a lot of money.

Well done for joining a superb collection of Nutters and varying degrees of Daft, there is a host of archived info on here so make full use of the search facility it WILL cut down on the number of "Daft" questions you are tempted to ask.

If you could get along to a meet or two (by car) I'm sure that you would be welcomed aboard various MoHo's and given the guided tour, certainly I would if you attend any of the planned meets that I'm attending.

All the very best from Griff and Jackie

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hello :pink: To Fun, ask questions do as much research as you can way up wether you want new or second hand so many decisions but lots of fun. :welc:

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hi Chris

From what I remember that was a nice trailer tent, if you're not going to use it sell and put the money towards a Motorhome, you will enjoy it only trouble will be the Daughter will want to borrow the motorhome more than she has used the trailer tent.

Oh and welcome by the way.

Martin

Jul 26, 2015
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Hoping to buy 2016
Exp
None whatsoever
Hi Chris,
We are at the same stage in life,more to life than work and workplace pensions about to mature.We decided it was now or never and have our first Motorhome on order.We can't wait to pick it up ....have already planned four long weekends in the UK to get used to the van and will be going to France in September for two weeks.
Good luck with the search it took us easily 12months to decide on layout etc.

OP
OP
Chris172
Mar 11, 2016
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Don't Own One Yet
Exp
I'm a Newbie
Thanks for all the welcome's everyone :)

@funflair it was a great trailer tent and TBH it still is... 33 years old and looks brand new although it does need proofing. My daughter and the grandkids are actually going to use it this year and has already planned a couple of holidays with it so hope the weather holds up... it never did with us LOL!! I think she was too young to remember all the bad weather but she wants us to come over to Cromer for a weekend just like my parents did when they were little but I think I might be looking for a B&B ;)

@Dizzy Izzy we have at least another year to 18months yet before the dream becomes a reality but it's going to be great fun searching for the 'right' one. Already have some favourites and hoping to rent the house out for some income while we travel. We are fortunate enough to have just inherited a small property in Spain so plan to use that as a base to tour Europe and hopefully winter there too.

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Hello and welcome from West Midlands.

Wyn

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements