Hi from South Africa (1 Viewer)

Apr 15, 2021
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Hi from sunny South Africa,

We are a young couple from South Africa. We were travelling all over the UK with our 1997 Fiat Ducato Swift Mondial last year.

Sadly we had to return back to South Africa due to Covid, and we have no idea when we would be able to return to the UK.

The Camper is currently in storage.

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Hi from sunny South Africa,

We are a young couple from South Africa. We were travelling all over the UK with our 1997 Fiat Ducato Swift Mondial last year.

Sadly we had to return back to South Africa due to Covid, and we have no idea when we would be able to return to the UK.

The Camper is currently in storage.
You will know an awful lot more in the lead up to My 17th.

I have your current rate of infection at about 25/100,000 over teh 14 day period which is likely to the one that is used to determine the status of the country on May 17th.
That is going to be low enough, but there are other factors that Boris (our PM) will take into consideration and one of those is variants of the virus and unfortunately you have one named after your country. This may be a hinderance to you as it may well put you into the red zone which will require 10 days at a hotel at your expense.

Its all a bit of guesswork until maybe 10th May when announcements will be made. The Telegraph newspaper are normally the ones that get the leak from Boris a little earlier than most.

Welcome to the Fun and hope you get over here OK and continue enjoying your MH experience

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 25, 2021
Chippenham, UK
Funster No
MH
Chausson 610 Welcome
Exp
Ex Tugger saw the light in 2019
:welcome4: and w2f We were planning to hire and travel SA but it's all on hold at the moment. The diving is some of the best I have had the pleasure to experience before the Big CV hit🤬.

Jul 6, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic A clas
Exp
Since 1990
Welcome to the forum. Hope you get back soon to continue your European adventure.

Spent 8 years working and touring around S.A. in a VW Kombi, albeit 40 years ago. Based in Port Elizabeth for a couple of years and then Pretoria. We thoroughly enjoyed the camping throughout SA/Namibia and the friendliness of the people. Even got commendations on my braai vleis (BBQ) skills, haha !!!

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Hello and welcome from West Midlands. Uk 👍

Wyn

AndyPK

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 7, 2015
Cirencester
Funster No
MH
None……..!
Exp
Motorhoming since 2015......
Welcome from The Capital of the Cotswolds! (y)

(It’s sunny here, too!☀️;))

Nov 9, 2019
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Wave Smile GIF by The Gathering Church

Apr 30, 2018
Mid Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670DC
Exp
Motorhoming since 2018.
Welcome to the FUN. Be interested to hear your opinion on your MoHo experience in the UK prior to your return back to SA and how it compares with SA.

Nov 22, 2020
London
Funster No
MH
Auto Roller 746
Exp
I'm a newbie
w2f
We did a self-drive trip around Southern Africa back in 2018 and wondering whether I could get the moho back down there at some point - will be interesting to see. All the best in getting back over here!

OP
OP
R
Apr 15, 2021
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Thank you very much for the warm welcome!
Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions about traveling in South Africa, I'd be glad to help.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back