Hi from some Absolute Beginners! (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
L

Loopyloo

Free Member
Dec 31, 2019
Belfast
Funster No
MH
Rapido Le Randonneur
Exp
Hi Loopyloo
Welcome to the forum.
If nobody has mentioned it yet, download Jim`s motorhome buyers guide from the resources section.
It`s full of useful advice and makes suggestions for things to think about that probably haven`t occured to you yet so it`s definately worth a read.
Good luck with the search
I have done so thanks, lots of good info.

CaptainPaul

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2017
Ireland
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu ⛱
Exp
Since 1980s
Hi again Looploo.
Personally i have no experience of any Rapido motorhomes but i see plenty of them of all ages and sizes on the roads all over the place so they must be a decent enough van, im sure someone on here will see your thread and hopefully shine a bit more light on them for you. Whats the layout of it like? Is it an A class? And did you take it for a spin? If so what did it feel like? Also if its from a dealer you might have a bit of comeback if anything goes wrong but to be honest ive seen vans give trouble at 20 years old or 20 days old as they say in 'Norn Iron'... it is what it is ? i reckon in all honesty you'll have to go with your gut feeling, on a purely personal note my concern with a van that age would be damp, does it have any recent habitation reports or anything with it? Sorry for all the questions but it really is a maze to get a good 1st van

OP
OP
L

Loopyloo

Free Member
Dec 31, 2019
Belfast
Funster No
MH
Rapido Le Randonneur
Exp
It's not an A class, layout wise -fixed bed at the back, double overhead cab bed & double in middle, not from a dealer but lots of receipts available, condition inside and out is pristine. He took us for a drive in it but we are going back for a drive at the weekend, the only thing not functioning is the cab zircon, no signs of damp but I understand this could be hidden. I think we may have nearly bought it Eek!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

CaptainPaul

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2017
Ireland
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu ⛱
Exp
Since 1980s
Get a little damp tester, they're about £10 in any good diy store and check around windows and rooflights... if you find any get him to reflect it in the price? cab air con should be fixable or easy enough replaced from a Fiat breaker somewhere, anyway sounds like your nearly there, so good luck and if you do get it happy travels??

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back