Free Member
Jul 5, 2014
North Norway
Funster No
MH
Kabe Travel Master i910 Q
Exp
Since 1990
Hello everybody,just joined the MF site,and i must say that its fantastic,lots of info and help,i am planning to go fulltime living and traveling from next year,hope to meet some of you people down the road,if anybody wants info about traveling around Norway/skandinavia please dont hesitate to pm me,

Regards Kris

OP
OP
ArcticKris

ArcticKris

Free Member
Jul 5, 2014
North Norway
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 1990
Thankyou Puddleduck,we hope to come up there and have a look around on our way to the highlands

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Welcome Kris. I did the coast road up to North Cape about 15 years ago, after your kind taxpayers paid for all those fantastic new bridges. (y)(y)

Steveth

Free Member
Mar 29, 2014
Wherever We Are Parked
Funster No
MH
Swift Esprit462 (Freddie)
Exp
Since 2014
Welcome to the best and most helpful Motorhome site on the web.
We are currently in a very hot Spain and thank you for the offer of advice re your part of the world. Dolly and I are planning to visit Scandanavia, end of March and April next year and would welcome any advice. We will pm you in the near future.

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Welcome to the best and most helpful Motorhome site on the web.
We are currently in a very hot Spain and thank you for the offer of advice re your part of the world. Dolly and I are planning to visit Scandanavia, end of March and April next year and would welcome any advice. We will pm you in the near future.

Its BRILL in May/June, daylight for 24 hours!! You don't know whether to go to bed, get up, or just have a snooze!.

OP
OP
ArcticKris

ArcticKris

Free Member
Jul 5, 2014
North Norway
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 1990
Your welcome steveth,if your in the North where we live then you will need winter tyres at that time of the year,we can speak later on about your planned trip,hello Wyn and Tootles,and its changed a lot since you were here Tootles,many new bridges and tunnels,mostly paid for now so they are toll free

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi Kris and welcome to fun from south west Scotland, we are actually heading to Scandinavia on the 17th of July. Our rough plan is get the ferry from Travemunde to Malmo and then visit Copenhagen via bus or train to save paying for the bridges. We then plan on either doing Stockholm then Oslo before ferry back to Denmark. Our other thought was drive up the west coast of Sweden to Oslo then possibly get to flam, we are undecided at the moment and my daughter quite likes the idea of doing the 3 capitals.

Gerry

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Your welcome steveth,if your in the North where we live then you will need winter tyres at that time of the year,we can speak later on about your planned trip,hello Wyn and Tootles,and its changed a lot since you were here Tootles,many new bridges and tunnels,mostly paid for now so they are toll free
Its BRILL in May/June, daylight for 24 hours!! You don't know whether to go to bed, get up, or just have a snooze!.

Welcome and thanks for the offer of help, I mistakenly thought that I could drive our MH way up your way to see the Aurora Borealis, now have been put straight on that

But when does it go from

Too much snow - too much light - too many mozzies?

Is there a good time to come up?

David

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
welcome Kris, sister and husband used to live in Batsfjord, now in southern Norway in Vradal.
get over there at least once a year. a stunning beautiful country.. you would be welcome if you ever visit north east England.
we need a direct ferry service again.
regards andy

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
we need a direct ferry service again.
regards andy

Certainly do...... we had a great holiday using Colorline, over on the ferry, stay in Bergen for a few days before catching the following sailing home.

OP
OP
ArcticKris

ArcticKris

Free Member
Jul 5, 2014
North Norway
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 1990
Thankyou all so much for the welcomes,David,the best time to see the Aurora Borealis in my opinion is between November to February,January is the coldest month in all of North Norway,we have between - 20 and - 45 here,the colder the better chance of seeing it,it still gives me a chill down my spine when i see it,its quite amazing really,and when it starts to dance,well thats the cream on the cake,

Andy,BĂĄtsfjord is a very nice picturesk place,i have been a lot to BĂĄtsfjord with my work,i can understand your sister and husband moving down south,the winters can be brutal,thanks a lot for the invite if/when we come to the North East,i totally agree about the Ferry link With Bergan,that would save so many miles,i used to use the ferry from Kristiansand to South Shields,and sometimes from Esbjerg to Immingham,this was the freighter but sometimes they had places for cars and MH if there wasnt enough trucks on ,otherwise it was Esbjerg to Harwich which is a passenger ferry

OP
OP
ArcticKris

ArcticKris

Free Member
Jul 5, 2014
North Norway
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 1990
Sorry David didnt see your question about when is the best time to come up here,for the Aurora Borealis then i would say January,for general sightseeing and touring then end of August to late September,this is a nice time because its "mozzie" free ,best to be a little bit south at the end of September due to early snow falls,

Onderweg

Funster
Jul 17, 2008
Vlissingen, Holland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
As of April 2008
Hi Kris,
Welcome to this forum and by the way we have been to Scandinavia 20-30 times, our first travel with a tent was in 1978 !!
Scandinavia is our number one destination :wink:

Paul and Ineke

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
:wink:
Hello everybody,just joined the MF site,and i must say that its fantastic,lots of info and help,i am planning to go fulltime living and traveling from next year,hope to meet some of you people down the road,if anybody wants info about traveling around Norway/skandinavia please dont hesitate to pm me,

Regards Kris

Welcome Kris Enjoy your time with us:wink::wink:

OP
OP
ArcticKris

ArcticKris

Free Member
Jul 5, 2014
North Norway
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 1990
very much appreciated, do you do B + B :D

So sorry David,wish i could help,i am in the process of stepping down,selling my house,selling everything,kids ,grandkids,car,motorbike,wife,snowscooter,getting ready for next year when i will be fulltime living in the MH,, , , , ok maybe not selling the wife or kids/grandkids,tempting but no, :D hope to meet some of the lovely people on here in the future,thanks again for the great welcome folks

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back