Hi from me too (1 Viewer)

On The Edge Too

Free Member
Jul 5, 2014
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Hi I am the other half of On The Edge :) and am also on 365 hoping to get more lady members to post as the motorhoming experiece is somewhat different from a female perspective :rolleyes: so hoping there are lots of ladies posting on here (y)

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Hello, I am duck not a drake!!!! Plenty of ladies on this site.....

OP
OP
On The Edge Too

On The Edge Too

Free Member
Jul 5, 2014
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Hi great to hear from you :) as I wrote I think our take on motorhoming is slightly different to the chaps. Are you fultiming?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
I'm afraid I'm not a full timer. The drake still works three days a week and I have elderly parents so it is long weekends at present.

I'm not sure why (or maybe even what) the difference in attitude is between the guys and the girls. I like to get away from domestic responsibilities and recharge batteries, it helps everyone. I seem to be much more laid back about the whole thing than my DH who likes to plan months in advance.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
:Smile:Hello welcome to fun, yes us lady's do post on fun, can't leave it just to the men can we

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Mrs OTEToo , Welcome to the Fun (y)

OP
OP
On The Edge Too

On The Edge Too

Free Member
Jul 5, 2014
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
I'm afraid I'm not a full timer. The drake still works three days a week and I have elderly parents so it is long weekends at present.

I'm not sure why (or maybe even what) the difference in attitude is between the guys and the girls. I like to get away from domestic responsibilities and recharge batteries, it helps everyone. I seem to be much more laid back about the whole thing than my DH who likes to plan months in advance.
We are not fultiming yet either but can't wait (y) quite happy to just take off and see where it leads :cool: I love baking and have yet to try this in the motorhome we also love foraging and love making chutney and jams, pickling, bottling fruit in alcohol and making sloe gin etc :p so if you have any tried and tested recipes you would like to share.....(n)

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Ok Lovely Lady, explain to us poor souls of the male persuasion, how come? the majority of Cassette carriers, jokers in the dish wash, humping water, carrying Rubbish, winding down steadies Awning ERECTION, ETC, ETC. ETC, have dangly bits?, How come, as soon as a lovely Lady, such as my own, steps in our M/H she is on holiday? but me?????

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
I do all the above Rangitira (except for your capitals obviously - don't have the equipment for that)

I like to cook and make the most of garden and hedgerows. I'll pm you OTE2 and we can exchange ideas.

OP
OP
On The Edge Too

On The Edge Too

Free Member
Jul 5, 2014
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
:Smile:Hello welcome to fun, yes us lady's do post on fun, can't leave it just to the men can we
Hi lovely to hear from you :) I am loving the response from the ladies.....it's great I don't think the chaps on the other forum let their ladies near the laptops :ROFLMAO: was thinking of starting a recipe post for everyone not just ladies.p, before ghe chaps revolt :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: tried and tested recipes including disastets if you like and definatelt alcohol :p

OP
OP
On The Edge Too

On The Edge Too

Free Member
Jul 5, 2014
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Ok Lovely Lady, explain to us poor souls of the male persuasion, how come? the majority of Cassette carriers, jokers in the dish wash, humping water, carrying Rubbish, winding down steadies Awning ERECTION, ETC, ETC. ETC, have dangly bits?, How come, as soon as a lovely Lady, such as my own, steps in our M/H she is on holiday? but me?????
My lovely man does indeed do all those "blokey bits"for which I am extremely grateful but I do my best to balence it out with all the "girlie bits" ie cooking all his favorite foods, baking, and providing cold cans when needed (y) we make a pretty good team :p

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
Pink jobs and blue jobs...... but I like to at least know how to do the blue jobs as one never knows when one might have to. I do get into trouble when I do "his" jobs though.

daisy mae

Free Member
Mar 12, 2013
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C class Coachbuilt
Exp
I`m a newbie, now 1 year
Hello and welcome,

I do all the jobs love being independent, just me and my dog, go off exploring, it is a learning curve for me as I didn`t do the technical bits before with the caravan , now do, (y) do them. . enjoy

Margaret

Oct 20, 2013
South Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Yes
Hi and welcome.
Much the same as mrs puddleduck, I just prefer not to do the dirty jobs.
Have been known to post on here quite a bit :)

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Hi, welcome from me too.

I'm posting on here cos leaving it to the other half we'll still be looking in a years time.

I can't wait till we can swop from a caravan so I can drive it and do the mucky bits too, specially if he's off on his motorbike..... Just me and the dogs.

Deb

Jun 9, 2014
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Malibu T500
Exp
Since 2014
A newbie and female also! Suspect other half will do some posting too when he's finished the decorating - well as I say - he is sooo much better at it than me!:LOL:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back