Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
Hi-It said introduce yourself,so here goes.I'm Mike 70 yrs old and I'm married to Carolyn who is 61 and due to retire soon.The plan then is to buy a motorhome and 'do' Europe and UK.We currently travel by car and stay in Hotels and occasional Chambre D'hotes-that's ok for a couple of weeks but we think the cost will be prohibitive when we are on a fixed income and intend to be travelling for months rather than weeks.
The intention is to hire a M/H first just to check we can 'hack it' and then off we go ::bigsmile:
Apart from travel our main interests are food,wine,watching and photographing birds.France is usual area of activity,but having friends in Denmark-we intend going there as well-and ,of course Eastern Europe which neither of us have done.
Oh,btw-I'm a retired media Photographer and my wife is currently a Research Oficer at The Welsh Assembly.
So that's us ::bigsmile: Looking fwd to picking your collective brains from now on,Mike.

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Hi Mike and welcome to Fun:winky:

Not to far from me then in Wales

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Mike and Carolyn, welcome to the Fun.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Bryan

Free Member
Jul 19, 2007
Funster No
Hello and :welcome: to the fastest growing motorhoming community on the internet!

We hope you enjoy the site and please feel free to join in and contribute as much or as little as you like.

Have you seen the Calendar? We put meets up in it and it's a great way to meet other motorhomers ::bigsmile:

Regards
Bryan

F

furmingerfamily

Deleted User
Hello Mike, welcome to the website. Glad to have you aboard! ::bigsmile:

Cheers.
Jonathan.

peter t

Free Member
Feb 26, 2008
Sunny Croydon.
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
nearly a year.
We'll give you a wave as well as we pass by... coming from the family in tylorstown thats if your in the "Llantrisant" that I know.
Pete and Gail

superk

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Devon
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion now sold
Exp
8 years
Welcome - you won't be disappointed with Motorhoming - a whole new way of life - and you'll get to meet some interesting people on sites and along the way (and if they're not then you can move on ::bigsmile:). Motorhoming allows you to see more and puts you in closer touch with places. France is a great country to start with - they are all enthusiastic mH'mers and make camping easy be it on sites or village Aires. If you want to wet your appetites try my book How Katie Pulled Boris or, perhaps on second thoughts maybe not MMM described it as 'more a how not to do it than how to do it book' :Eeek:but we all had to start somewhere and there's loads of fun at the beginning so don't hesitate.

S

stagman

Deleted User
Hello and welcome,if like me you like bird watching and photography,go to Il de re its an Island on the Atlantic coast of France and you can reach it from La Rochelle.The Island is made up of miles and miles of saltmarsh all easily assesable by foot or by bike through purpose made paths from various campsites,well worth a visit,

RuthRv

Free Member
Jan 4, 2008
Funster No
hi and welcome, good luck when you hire your motorhome, and hopefully go ahead and buy one of your own. happy travelling:Smile:
ruth

mark e

Free Member
Sep 29, 2007
Rhondda Valleys, S Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Year 3 of ownership !
Shwm ai from the Rhondda Mike and Carolyn. I'm originally from Llantrisant, Southgate to be precise. I moved to the Rhondda when i met my now wife, she's a valleys girl :Blush:. Only had my motorhome since November time. Going to Tenby and Saundersfoot this weekend, 2 nights wildcamping, 2 nights sites. Welcome anyway and i hope you find the right motorhome. :thumb:

peter t

Free Member
Feb 26, 2008
Sunny Croydon.
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
nearly a year.
Shwm ai from the Rhondda Mike and Carolyn. I'm originally from Llantrisant, Southgate to be precise. I moved to the Rhondda when i met my now wife, she's a valleys girl :Blush:. Only had my motorhome since November time. Going to Tenby and Saundersfoot this weekend, 2 nights wildcamping, 2 nights sites. Welcome anyway and i hope you find the right motorhome. :thumb:

Hi Mark e,
Sorry to hijack this thread, but could you let me know what the area around Tenby/Saundersfoot is like for your wild camping.... we,re heading that way in a fortnights time en-route to West Wales. fancy a bimble in that area... many thanks.
Pete' Gail.:thumb:

mark e

Free Member
Sep 29, 2007
Rhondda Valleys, S Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Year 3 of ownership !
Peter T, to be honest i just park up anywhere. Last time we went we park outside the gates of a CL site, at the end of a dead end row of detached houses in a place called Kilgetty. Going Friday morning, probably same place for the first night. Little kings campsite in wisemans bridge. lovely site, shop, bar swimming pool indoors that is now open, lovely showers etc. Another one is stonepitt campsite. no shop or bar, ok showers, thats in kilgetty too. about 3 miles from tenby and saundersfoot. Lovely indoor, outdoor market every sunday, called "carw market" which incorparates a huge car boot sale and fun rides for the kids. if you want more info pm me. :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back