Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Hi from JudgeMental from a wet London….although there is apparently a mini heat wave on the way after next week. I was on here originally but opted out and have spent many a year on an alternative forum. Sick of the lack of control and troll activity, I have ended up on here once again. I am 61 with a complicated medical history, retired since I was 57 due to health, married with a younger wife who works in education (decent holidays) and 2 kids in their early 20’s

Have been at this motorhome lark for many years. My knowledge strengths are importing campers (9 since 1994) panel vans, European travel, and e bikes.

I am a working class, left field political animal and dislike politics being discussed on a motorhome/travel related forum, as I think it causes division. And have no interest in the views of ignorant people. But I like what I see on here, plenty of decent people, plus you seem to be more community spirited then other forums…

have started to visit Benidorm last few years, normally stay at Arena Blanca. I go on my own and wife flys over during college holidays, Beni a marmite thing I guess, we love it..we tour for 4-6 weeks every summer, always stopping of at lake Garda (last 10 years) BIG Italy fans..love the food the people etc...not keen on France or the french for that matter, overrated and overpriced, but the Aire system puts us to shame

Away to Amsterdam in the van for half term week on the 24th..have never been before. would appreciate some feed back..I think thats enough from me!:D

PS. We have a 2013 german Possl 636 FR (french bed) panel van, with the nifty but expensive Busbiker NL swing out bike rack

OP
OP
Judge Mental

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
blimey..that was quick:)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
:welc: Or rather welcome back, I'm googling your Busbiker NL swing out bike rack thingy as we speak. :Smile:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hello Judge, a blast from the past, I take it you have wondered over from the MMM. quite a few of us wondered over a long time ago, believe me this forum is like Carling what forums should be about, it is the best £10 you will spend and like I said a fair few from the other forum. Welcome.

OP
OP
Judge Mental

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Hi.. and welcome back.. wondered where you had gone..

also looking to buy a Globetrotter (Possl) PVC .. how have you found it ?

Hi Jim, I guess you mean Globecar? they are very well built vans, far more robust and better materials and fittings then our previous Adria. a bit drab in comparison, not as flashy, but well insulated for a PVC and cabinet work far better/stronger. I was known in the other place as JM or Judge or Me Lord...take your pick:giggle:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Hi Jim, I guess you mean Globecar? they are very well built vans, far more robust and better materials and fittings then our previous Adria. a bit drab in comparison, not as flashy, but well insulated for a PVC and cabinet work far better/stronger. I was known in the other place as JM or Judge or Me Lord...take your pick:giggle:

yes.. a senior moment.. Globecar.. :LOL:

had a look at one and was impressed by the build quality and the winterizing .. not into 'flash' I like solid and functional.. a bit like my woman.. ;)

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
you mean this one...dont know how to load it:(

Broken Link Removed

Haha........ Hello Judge! I was just thinking you must be that one :)

I remember reading many of your thoughts on the other forum regarding Globecar and you played a valuable part in my decision process.

And in the end I bought one! Had it now for 18 months/21000 miles :D:D

Jul 1, 2012
Nr Whitby
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
On & off since late70s
Welcome. Enjoyed your posts on the other forum but gave up for similar reasons. One could say 'Had Enough'

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Thanks for the warning about your feelings toward our French neighbours...

Don't approve of divisive politics being discussed on motorhome forums hey...

Good avatar name...

JJ :cool:

OP
OP
Judge Mental

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Thanks for the warning about your feelings toward our French neighbours...

Don't approve of divisive politics being discussed on motorhome forums hey...

Good avatar name...

JJ :cool:

dont get me wrong. maybe I was a bit flippant. France generally not good enough weather out of main season, we have visited it for many years..These days usually shoot through on the way to warmer climbs. Had a week cycling in Alsace on route to Italy this summer and stopped there last year also...Wifes vegetarian and french food not to her tastes, also France is so expensive these days, eating out a real rip compared to Italy/Spain etc.....

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
I love France and the French!

I can never understand how anyone could think that they'd dislike tens of millions of people they have never met?

One of the great things about Motorhome FUN is that it's just like chatting down the pub, including Politics et al.

The simple way of avoiding political threads is to not join in them

OP
OP
Judge Mental

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
...plus a few others from the 'old days'. Not sure which one is Frank though.... ;)
Oh I think you would know if Frank was here!lol I quite like him. It is others that I find more objectionable, (previously banned, that keep on reinventing themselves and rejoining)

edit: Just find the french reserved in comparison to other european nationals..my attitude would be different if they made the effort to meet you half way....have visited it for 30 years and dislike no one on mass...though I explained I was being flippant.;)

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back