Sep 8, 2009
Hereford
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
2 years ! Ex "Tugger" of 7 years + !!
Hi All

We are a ' 3 and a dog' family ( Me ... Mark, My wife .... Nicky, Our 10 yr old son .... Ben and our lovely black lab .... Poppy ! )

Caravanned for 7 / 8 years but got sick of towing, even though I am a class 1 HGV driver! Decided to move 'up' to the Motorhoming side of touring a few months ago and after some looking around over a few weekends and many hundreds of miles of travelling ......... purchased a rather nice 2001 Autotrail Aparaho from a bit of a cowboy so called dealer! A couple of hundred squid more spent, lots of elbow grease and putting wrong things right and she's up there with the best now !!

Been away twice so far, 2 X 5 day trips and find the whole experience so much more relaxing and may I say a whole lot easier too than caravanning ( no more aquarolls etc )

Just sold our second car and purchased a nice Nissan Micra, complete with professionally fitted 'A 'frame, from a gent in Dorset. Picked her up last weekend, spent most of Sunday servicing, cleaning etc and now she's ready for her maiden voyage in October .......... have to see how it tows ???

That's about it for now folks, also a member on a few other M/H forums but came across this one purely by chance and love the look and comments I've read so far ..........

So, Hi again and be seeing you on the forum soon.

Byeeeeeeeeeeeee :thumb:

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
Good morning and welcome to the site !!! I used to live and work in Hereford many moons :welcome:ago and I frequently bring my Auto-Trail Scout to Leominster to meet friends there !:welcome::

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Mark, Nicky, Ben and Poppy, welcome to the fun. :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Hi all and WELCOME to MH Fun

Another tugger joins the ranks of motorhomers. You seem to like the change, I know I did and have never looked back:winky:

Best of luck

Dave:thumb::thumb:

6pm Cowboy

Free Member
Jun 26, 2009
South Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
none ( yet )
Exp
0 - but I live in hope
Hi and welcome to the site. Cant say I remember selling you a MH though :ROFLMAO:

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
:welcome: from us too , the funsters site is a great place to be!

We are not far from you..... nr Brecon hope to meet you at a meet soon ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

hi Mark, nice to have another biker on board ::bigsmile:
Biker ??? I missed that info somehow:Doh:

lady jann

Free Member
Apr 18, 2008
welsh border
Funster No
MH
hymer
Exp
approx 10 yrs
Hi welcome , we are also not too far away ! :Smile:

(herefordshire best county in the u k , some would say ! ):Smile:

regards rayval,

for ever young :Smile:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Hi All
Caravanned for 7 / 8 years but got sick of towing, even though I am a class 1 HGV driver! Decided to move 'up' to the Motorhoming side of touring a few months ago and after some looking around over a few weekends and many hundreds of miles of travelling ......... purchased a rather nice 2001 Autotrail Aparaho from a bit of a cowboy so called dealer! A couple of hundred squid more spent, lots of elbow grease and putting wrong things right and she's up there with the best now !!

Been away twice so far, 2 X 5 day trips and find the whole experience so much more relaxing and may I say a whole lot easier too than caravanning ( no more aquarolls etc )

Just sold our second car and purchased a nice Nissan Micra, complete with professionally fitted 'A 'frame, from a gent in Dorset. Picked her up last weekend, spent most of Sunday servicing, cleaning etc and now she's ready for her maiden voyage in October .......... have to see how it tows ???

That's about it for now folks, also a member on a few other M/H forums but came across this one purely by chance and love the look and comments I've read so far .........
Byeeeeeeeeeeeee :thumb:

Another biker joins fold. Well you don't piss about, do you. There are people on here have been looking for a MH since 1902 and still can't make their minds up. With that attitude, The Right Stuff, you can't fail to enjoy it.

OP
OP
gixermark

gixermark

Free Member
Sep 8, 2009
Hereford
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
2 years ! Ex "Tugger" of 7 years + !!
WOW ......... Thanks for the kind welcome folks, makes me feel all warm inside ! YUK ... Sorrrrryyyyy ! :ROFLMAO:

To the locals amongst us, yep, the great 'Shires' of Hereford cannot be beaten easily.:thumb:

To the fellow bikers, fraid I stopped biking in July after 22 years of enjoyment. I lived a life long dream ( I'm only 42 ) to go with a group of mates ( 10 of us ) to the Nurburgring and achieved this in June. Had a fantastic time, rode very, very fast all the time but the unfortunate and sad thing was, and also the reason I have stopped, was a Dutch guy at our hotel was killed on his R1 just outside the 'ring'. Watching him being placed in a body bag brought home to me how short lived life can be ............. hence the sale of my GSXR thou and purchase of our Motorhome! :Doh: :roflmto:

Not a woosy by the way, 12 years ex airborne for Queen & Country .......... just sensible head flipped in all of a sudden ............also need my licence for my job, easily lost riding warp speed:thumb:

Last edited:

cherok

Free Member
Jun 28, 2009
Wales
Funster No
Exp
Months
Hi Mark

We are a '3 family and a dog' too!

Have been motorhoming since July and had 1 'Big Trip' (well to us it was) and a couple smaller weekends.

Our son is 13 and our old Husky is 16!!

We love it despite the rubbish weather in the UK (lost our new Movelite XL awning in the Bank Holiday wind in Cornwall.:cry:)

Husband is a biker too! I am, but only passed my CBT so not a real one!

Maybe we should organise a motorhome and rideout event!!

Nice to meet you:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back